Blacksmith & Tool Cars

jmarksbery

More for my work train, first is the smitty with his dog Spot aboard.

Attachments

• ablacksmith.jpg
    ablacksmith.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 259

jmarksbery

Second is the tool car, the LPB's call it their break room. Comparing it to sitting on the porch of a cabin with a cool breeze blowing off the lake.

Attachments

• atoolcar.jpg
    atoolcar.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 251

jmarksbery

Third is the last three cars I kitbashed to make a seven car work train so far.
:wave:

Attachments

• aworktrain.jpg
    aworktrain.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 247
there you go, showing off your skills again:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Love it, love it, just love it:D :D :D :D

Have we seen the other 4 cars yet? Have we seen all seven together? Lets see a close up of Spot!!

:wave:
Drew

belg

Jim that is truly excellent work. Weathering is the real thing!! :thumb: Are they totally scratchbuilt or are they kits? Made by who?

Drew1125

Those are FANTASTIC Jim!:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:
I just got on here this morning, opened up your post, & I have my inspiration for the day! :) :cool: :)
I can always count on you for that, my friend!
Thanks!

jmarksbery

Thanks guys. These are all from el-cheapo rtr models. I did the bashing to make them up. Cattle car cut and wood floored (tool car) Blacksmith car used the wheel set from a bobber caboose and scrach built the floor and body, The basis of the transfer caboose was the cab of a bobber caboose and a box car floor. Yes the others have been posted, an old time flat car with load, an old time tank car kitbashed, crane and flat car and a scratch built box cab for power. I hope ole Spot shows a little better in this photo.

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 190

satokuma

:D :D :D green with envy...very nice MOW...working on that in N scale...coming soon.......:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Drew1125

FANTASTIC!

Making two GREAT cars out of one bobber!
That "smithy" car is a masterpiece!!
My hat is off to you, sir!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

Absolutely SUPERB!!

What a terrific job you made of those Jim, the detail and style makes me think of a time in history when the world seemed a better place.
Your skill with a paintbrush is top notch sir!!!

If it weren't for a need to make dozens of trees I'd get stuck into logging themes myself.

I'm still drooling over visualising your cars on a layout with everything appropriate to the period. WELL DONE Jim!:thumb: :thumb:

Errol