Blackburn Buccaneer S2/S50 (1/33)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Plastic Bonsai, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Thank you Gearz. I fondly remember your original response to using UMC2. I think the topic vanished in the move but I'll have a look and start something if only to let this thread subside. Unfortunately my work is taking up a lot of my own time and what few brain cellsI still have at the moment so I can't get myself motivated to do much apart from lurk and watch the better focussed progress astonishingly.

Yeah the mighty Bucc is a wonderous thing. I have vivid memories of spectacular beat ups by the RAF versions of their birthplace. Spookily my current company has just had an enquiry from Thunder City so I may yet be inspired.
  2. Gearz

Gearz Member

lol coincidence perhaps, definitely spooky considering the infrequency of 'good' docu's in my neck of the woods. If your company does deal with the Thunder City crew, a simplified card model of that particular Bucc would be an interesting piece of promo material / P.R. ~ They could hand it out to visitors etc.. = motivation lol
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Here is one of my drawings........... maybe this will keep the attention span up:thumb:

Attached Files:

4. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Not 'arf! :thumb: (Cockney slang for: rather a lot, really)

The airfix model was difficult enough way back in 1960something, never mind paper. Great job!

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

These really need to go on T-Shirts or Ball Caps. Great one color drawings. :thumb:
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Guys for the nice words!

I too am waiting on this one.......... I've wanted a Buccaneer in paper for quite a while now.........

If you liked this one check out my others on my site........

Ink Drawings by John Bowden Homepage
  7. Gearz

Gearz Member

OOOoooo mmmy gooodneesss! I found a ref to Thunder City ~ you can go for a flight in the Bucc or a BAC Lightening..[choke] [stutter] [stammer] jeeezz..I'd even swim across the Indian ocean so I could go for a ride in those big boyz.. Knowing my luck, they won't be airworthy by the time I save enough pennies.. [sob, sniff]

[Stamps foot] 'Its NOT fair !!!!!!!' 'I wana ride the pony!!!'

Great GOOGA MOOGA!! There's some talent ppl on these boards..

Bowdenja ~ Most Excellent drawings :thumb::mrgreen::thumb::yep: If I had a tenth of your talent, I could ditch my 3D assemble guides and hand draw them.. [sigh]

LOL.. It doesn't look like your going to able park this one PB...
  8. logicman

logicman Greybeard

9. No darn it! I should bow to the fates and get back to this with the help of my stalker!

Other portents include large redundancies being announced at BAESYSTEMS Brough - home of the Bucc and the Hawk. I shall make them both! There I've said it so now I must.
  10. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

Looks pretty nice so far, I can't wait to see it finished. Oh by the way, do you like my signature?
  11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

ooooooooohhhh............ a BAe Hawk................ I'd love to see it as a Goshawk.........

Attached Files:

12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey PB............. any progress on the Buc?

They really did some neat nose art for the first Gulf War......... might be a little to "blue" for some folks.........holler if you would like to see some I'll email them to you. One of the guys on another forum posted some.......... we are trying to get some profiles done of them.

13. Progress?

Well I'm more inspired, nice drawings B! The Alpha model has a Gulf verion Glenffidich/Jaws/Lucy - a quick shot of the cleaner side....

I also put the Thunder City version together but I don't think this will be printer friendly.

I am going to concentrate on the skin and worry about structure later. Just need to get that panel cutting with textures to work. The model has a lot of overlapping panels.

Attached Files:

• gb.jpg
      File size:
      86.4 KB
    • bb.JPG
      File size:
      32.9 KB
  14. shika

shika Member

Hi, I'm a new guy here.
    Follow the suggestion from
    I'd like to build paper plane blackburn bucaneer.

But none of pdf file of its pattern were available.

Does anyone here finished developing blackburn bucaneer already?

If so, I'd like to get the pattern and build one.

Thank you,

Shika :mrgreen:
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Shika, please make an Introductory post in the Introductions, start a new thread, Introduce yourself, let us know something about you. Maybe someone can find out if this ever "took off" ?!? :)

16. Hello Shika

I didn't progress this model - the Flight Sim model needed a lot of work to make a practical model though the nose section did prove reasonably successful. The aircraft is a very difficult shape to make in paper with the intersecting nacelles.

I think I still have the files as far as I got if you really fancy a challenge...

The Chinese company Trumpeter have made a start at creating a model in the" other stuff" in 1/32 scale but I have no idea when or if it will be produced.

Thank you for your interest.
  17. shika

shika Member

Dear Plastic Bonsai,

Thank you very much for the reply.
    I did tried to print out the top/front/side/bottom view and try to put together.
    And it's turn out to be a disaster.

It'd be great if I've got your latest file, probably in pdf format.
    Well, I think I'll just figure a way out somehow.

I'll pm you my e-mail.

Thank you very much,

Shika ^ ^