Billk - NM Trackplan

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Thanks Tyson. Coupla questions, then you can get back to work.

The hidden staging - looks to be at a lower level, right? How much lower?

How (or do) you turn anything around?

Regards, Bill

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
trackplan

:eek: Sorry guys, should have included more details. I will try to make up for that now. The town at the top is Tellico Gap and the center of operations for the Nantahala Midland. The town at the lower left is White Oak. The staging tracks for the Southern & L & N are at 44.5 inches, Tellico Gap 45 inches, Straight Ridge and the quarry spur 48 inches, White Oak 49.5 inches, Otter Creek Jct. 46.5 inches, Staging for the Graham Co. R.R. 45 inches. The track indicated by dotted lines is hidden in tunnels or behind scenery. All grades were made using Woodland Senics 4% grade kits. These are GREAT as you can put your grade on a straight, curve or compound curve without having to do all the math! On the real R.R.'s around here you have grades like Topton, Old Fort and Saluda all 4.25 to 5.2% so I am not out of line with the prototype. I would have liked to have used 2 or 3% but space wouldn't permit it. My time period is around 1970 so every thing is desiel and there is no need to turn anything, which is good because I didn't have room for space gobblers like turntables and wyes.Hope this helps explain things.:D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Great plan, Tyson!
While small, you can pack a lot of N scale into that space!
I really like the variety of operation you've worked in...switching, point-to-point, & continuous running...very nice!