Big Wing - The Airbus of The Early 30s

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Bengt F, Oct 12, 2007.

1. morewings

morewings New Member

2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

The Junkers G.38ce Project - A Never-ending Story

Cheers Roman!

Alas, I have very little spare time for card modeling nowadays - music has become a large part of my life now. The half-finished Junkers G.38ce model is neatly tucked away in two big cardboard boxes, for the time being, and the documentation, such as books, articles, photos, plans, cut-away sketches, etc, etc, rests in a thick paper file, held together by rubber bands.

Thank you for that very interesting link, though! I hadn´t seen it before.
    I have printed out the fifteen most interesting pages of AIR TRANSPORT, pertaining to the Junkers G.38 aircraft. There are some photos, which I have never seen before, for example one from the Junker-Werke in Dessau, where a second 'storey' is built on top of the fuselage of the extended D-2500 G.38ce version, and the interior of the wings can be seen. Interesting stuff, indeed.

Perhaps there will be some free time around Christmas to take it up again . . . who knows?

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :roll:
  3. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hallo Bengt,
    This is a fantastic project for an unusual airplane, very attractive.
    Very thorough work:thumb:

4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Junkers G.38ce Model Project

Thanks for the kind words, Orazio,

I am actually quite tempted to take it up again now, with some new info and photos that I have collected ( I obviously have to post about ten more posts before I can link any photos).
    I have also dug up the half-finished recoloring sheet of the fuselage from the hard drive and I think I will work on it over Christmas.

Thanks again for the link to - there are so much information there, quite incredible, all the way back from 1909. I have found lots and lots of interesting stuff on the Levavasseur Antionette monoplanes (for example on Latham's two cross-channel attempts and the 1911 Monococue monoplane), the gigantic Rumpler twin-hull transatlantic flying boat project, the Louis Blériot XI, the captured Fokker E.III 210/15 (by the British) and some of the Fokkers and the Ford Tri-Motor from the 20s that I am really interested in. Great stuff!

All the best,
    Bengt :thumb::thumb:
  5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Bengt, it's good to see you here again! Please, by all means, do continue this build. I am still fascinated by these big panes so early in the history of aviation.
  6. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Though incomplete, I've chosen this build for the Picture of the Week feature on the front page!

Well done, Bengt! Look forward to seeing the completed model. :thumb:
  7. morewings

morewings New Member

8. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Sorry about the lateness but - congratulations on your selection for POTW Bengt!