Big Trees

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by shamus, Dec 5, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's part of the tree run as I call it.

2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Front view

Here's a view looking from the door as you come in.

3. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

That little porter looks lost in that forest! Nice!

....little porter....chugging down the "tree run"....looking around at all that lumber....thinking...........FOOD!!!!!! :D :D :D
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Sweet pic! I sure hope nobody stumples and falls coming in or they'll be impaled! :D :D :D

I see bambi in the back, my neighbor just brought over two gigantic deer sausages last night.
  5. George D

George D Member

I see empty log cars and virgin timber but no lumberjacks. Do you have a labor problem?:)

6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great looking trees Paul.
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Incredible. I can just about smell the pines.
    But we expect nothing less from you, Shamus.
    You sure do set the bar high for us mere mortal modelers.
  9. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

What can I say Paul, except that you went up into the hilld and took pictures.:confused: :confused: :cool:
  10. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Ahhh, I think I just caught a whiff of that pine scent on that cool, damp air! :)

Beautiful scenes, Shamus!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks kind friends.
    Yep, sure have got a problem George, my loco's hate stopping for anything.:D

12. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Stunning as usual Paul.

Beautiful scenery.

How tall do those tree's range from?

13. Paul, your trees are beautifully done. The whole scene is simply stunning. :thumb: :thumb:
  14. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Re: Wow!!

Thanks again friends.
    Hi Drew,
    My trees range from 1'-6" to 2'-6" tall. At one point, they almost come over the hardboard backscene. Have to keep the camera low when I take those photo's.
  15. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Paul, I had to do some catching up with several threads, so I missed out on the Logging Line for a while. Now I am once more thrilled by your pictures!

Your modeling is simply fantastic! Your ground cover, the trees (I love those year rings!), but also the rolling stock and the placing of the LPBs create an extremely high degree of realism. Yours must be one of the few very best layouts existing (as were your earlier H0 layouts before).

Every picture contains a wealth of information and suggestions for better modeling. Thanks, my friend for sharing those pictures!

16. rebel

rebel New Member

great trees

great trees , details on construction please
  17. bpate

bpate Member

Paul, your Cooncreek and Tumbelweed springs photos are fantastic. I am amazed at how productive you are. I will add a link from my website if I may.
  18. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks kind people.

Hi, by all means, add a link my friend, and thank you.