Big Decals

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Does anyone have any tips for larger size decals ??? The smaller ones are no problem, but when they're bigger (i.e., a couple inches by a couple inches) things don't seem to go as well.

They might tear, or just generally don't behave how I'd like.

C

Catt

I will sometimes spray a coat ot two of glosscote over the decals before using them.This has saved me many an older decal that has been exposed to air for a long time.It should also strengthen your big decals so they don't tear so easily.

Also when applying big decals use plain water (no setting solution) till you get the decal where you want it then put the setting solution on.

WARNING!!! This is what works for me,your results may be different.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I just slide the decal off its backing into a pool of Micro-sol. As long as no part of the decal touches a dry part of the model, you will be able to move it into place. At this point it is still "floating", hold one side down with tweezer points and use the edge of a tissue to soak up some of the Micro-sol. You will still be able to adjust position slightly. Soak up more Micro-sol and let dry, then use Solva set to finish, as usual.

Gary