Big Boy is running!!!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Buster27, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Buster27

Buster27 New Member

Huzzah, huzzah!! After much taking apart and poking around my Rivarossi Big Boy is running beautifully. shaygetz got it right with his guess of a rivet catching a rod. But the cause was in the front truck/engine, not in the rear truck where the problem was occurring. See my original thread here [thread]19145[/thread][thread=19145][/thread]. After my buddy and I took the Boy apart we did find that a rear axel was too fat for its flange, but the engine still didn't run even after filing the axel down. I took the engine to a place in the Milwaukee area that does a super job of fixing model trains. Now it runs like a dream! One problem though: in all the back-and-forth from my place to my friend's to the train shop, the right-side cab handrail disappeared. Could someone here who has a Big Boy post a photo of the cab, showing the handrails? I'll have to fashion a new one from brass wire. Muchas gracias for all the help!
  2. ed acosta

ed acosta Member

Big Boy Handrail

Here is a photo of the Rivarossi Big Boy right hand side of the cab. I hope you can make out the detail of the handrail, which is practically a mirror image of the left hand rail and is attached to the same cross-member as the left hand rail below the cab floor.

Best of luck,

Attached Files:

3. ed acosta

ed acosta Member

4. Buster27

Buster27 New Member

Thanks Ed.