Biblical themed paper models

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Hello everyone.
I have been looking for but not have had much luck finding Biblical themed paper models.
By that I mean mostly architectural models of specific buildings like Solomon's temple or temple on the mount,or smaller home type buildings or small villages that reflect the architecture of placed like Galilee or Jerusalem or even other places from either Old or New Testament mentions like Jericho, etc.
First and priority is to find buildings that I could mix and match and composite together to create small villages versions of Nazareth, Galilee, or even just a Hebrew type of village from those eras.
Thank you.:rolleyes:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You are covering a couple of 1000 year span here. This Google link will take you to the many Cathedral models, and if you look, they often lead to the kind of models you may seek, but since some of these domiciles were rather simple, you would be better designing your own. Reference material will mean that your interpretation will be subjective. I found this link: http://www.3dbibleproject.com/en/resources.htm

Maybe it will lead to something else. I think you could use a lot of houses from Papermau and turn them into what you want with some creative thinking. :)

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Hey thank you so much Zathros. Yeah, I kinda left it pretty broad scope on the time frame, hoping that would rake in a few more leaves, as its pretty hard to find anything around the time of Christ and before, in the way of architectural models.
Thank you so much for your idea and help.
I suppose with drawings and artwork based on archeological finds and current knowledge, I could use that data with some research to come up with my own.
There's definitely enough data and info and pictures of digs and finds,to extrapolate from.

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Thank you aim1 as well. I looked at the site. While the models are a bit cutesy, I CAN use them as preliminary stuff and someof the buildings as tempaltes or to help brainstorm ideas.Thank you so much.

dennis

Oct 23, 2004
charlotte n.c.
biblical Buildings

Some time ago I found a few models listed on Tamasoft. some 40+ pages listed. I think you'll find something between pages 30-40. All the formats are (PDO). Good luck.

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
awesome. thank you so much. i really appreciate that alot. While doing an internet search the other day I came across an article about a farmer who has spent the last 30 years building a model of Herod's temple, that measures 12' by 20' by about 4 feet high.
It is the whole temple plus the entire court yard and property.
It features hundreds of thousands of hand shaped and baked clay bricks as well as about 4,000 hand carved tiny people all wearing period correct clothing, civilians and troop compliment alike.
I would like to post the link for all to enjoy. While its not paper, it is truly insanely beautiful and immense and the detail is rediculous.
I'll double check with the admin or moderators about where to post the link.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am surprised how many "Bibliaal" themed models are for sale. I am a Christian, and I do find it odd. I can understand a model that is an actual physical object, but .pdf's. Just doesn't sit well with me. My own sentiments, people obviously can do what they wish, they won't get a dime out of me, (in actuality, few can/or do, for any reason!) :)

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
Hey Zathros, and /or Rhaven, would this be a good place to post that link I mentioned above about the giant 30 year Herod's temple project, or is there another place thats better?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Any non commercial links are allowed. Links to good glues and scissors etc. are allowed, just not SPAM, business that you own, and if you post the same recommendation for the same glue everyday, you won't be sticking around here long. Common sense prevails. :)

P.S. Your Avatar is pretty gross. Mine is too, but it was a character from Babylon 5. If it's a relative, or self portrait, my condolences. :)

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
HAHAHAHAHAAHA... I love that you offered condolences and an apology for that being a possible self portrait...like you felt bad that i must have to go through life with that glaring infirmity.. hahahah. that was awesome. I got a good laugh. Ironically, that avatar is actually a close up of a cold sore that I've had on my bottom lip for a month.. it's had time to get a personality.
They said Diabetes type 1 would prolong the healing process but good grief...I did NOT sign up for this. :)
Here is that link to the farmer who has spend 30 years building Herod's temple one hand formed brick and miniature person at a time.
Look at the size of this thing.

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Gerrard.htm

McGee

Cory
Oct 5, 2013
Spokane
The disheartening thing is that after all that work and all those years, he has since passed away in 2010 and the family had to find it a new home....REALLY? Hopefully it didnt end up in some warehouse or garage getting busted up and ruined forever.