Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SEBRET, Sep 1, 2008.

SEBRET Member

ok, before i start anything new i need to finish old projects. first and foremost on the list is the Bio Force gun from Doom (movie version)
    here is what i got so far, started working on this last year and forgot about it.

SEBRET Member

Ok, finished breaking it up, now it's time to unfold. I modulated as much as i could, but i only went so far since I'm already getting a super high page count just for the first half.

SEBRET Member

ok, this is the right half of the gun, you just reverse build it for the left half. It's 1:1 scale at 3 feet. I welcome your opinions before i start the beta build.

4. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

How do you plan to display the gun? Are you going to make available the files for download, free or sale?

SEBRET Member

Free of course, lol, just make sure you know who made it, :p. Since it's just a beta build it will get trashed when I'm done, so I'm really just doing it to give you guys something new.

SEBRET Member

ok, the layout is done, and the count comes out to 94 pages for the whole gun. This will be something crazy indeed.
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

This may inspire me to get off my butt and design the Stormtrooper One/Blastech E-11 rifle and Blastech DL-44 pistol. :mrgreen:
  8. Triop

Triop Member

Bio Force gun ...I allways thought it was called a Big F-ing gun sign1

SEBRET Member

Canon states that it's the Big F'ing Gun, but there is a spot in the movie where some text on a screen says Bio Force gun, so it's both
  10. Kjev

Kjev Member

Duuuuuuude . . . .
    I drool over BFGs, no matter what it means.
  11. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Technically, the original Doom weapon was the Big F'kin Gun question. IT also looked very different. This one, however, is based on the movie weapon. Doubtless the producers felt they needed to 'tone down' the weapon name to avoid upsetting the delicate senses of hte censors! Quite how the name was worse than a weapon capable of clearing quite a large area of real-estate of everything categorised as 'living' with a single shot escapes me .... but there you go!

I will never forget my first co-op multi player Doom game.. there I was at the back of the group, when a few nasties are spotted. Quick as a flash I aim and fire.

"What idiot was packing a BFG" was the cry as we all re-spawn.:oops:
  12. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Very nice!
  13. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Ok, progress has been slow, but I'm picking up the pace. I only have one pic at the moment. It's the two pieces on the right. Also you can see that after four years of this hobby, very little has survived, lol
  14. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Ok, for the sake of an update i have finished four pieces and have two left to go.

I put a 12 inch ruler at the bottom for reference.

15. Kjev

Kjev Member

OK, what are the little doodads in the foreground?
    What's the long skinny thing, and the thing with the white cape behind it? It almost looks like an Invid of some sort.
  16. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Hey Kjev, the first three are Kedeshi swarmers and Their mother ship from Homeworld. the caped figure is general Grievous.
  17. Kjev

Kjev Member

Darn. I was hoping someone had an Invid Shock trooper out there.
  18. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

ok, small update. I finished the first half (will take pics in the morning). I'm extremely glad i did the beta build, because there is alot to fix with this one. I am going to move a few parts and redo the unfold. Once that is done I will release the first part of four. see pic below.

19. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

mind you this is the bare bones part, mor detail to come.

20. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Ok, so this project is really starting to burn me out. I'm sure that everything is ready to go, but it all needs to be unfolded again. I can do two things. Post the model now, and let each person unfold and rearrange the parts how they want or post when i get everything unfolded. I'm really ready to move on to a new project, lol. This was really meant to be a base for mixed media projects for those who cosplay and stuff, so I was really just trying to create a raw basic model. If you want it now I can go ahead and post the .kmz file for you all. It's up to you.