Beware of spammers/hackers

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:curse: I received an e-mail from N-Gauger on the Gauge that I, the Sheriff of 2Guyz in these parts sent a virus in some pictures called Sexy to the Gauge and that it came from my machine. Well folks let me tell you, IF-- I would have sent a virus it would have been by pure accident and without my knowledge. But you see I have not been on the Gauge in quite some time and I have NEVER sent pictures to any forum titled 'SEXY", not that I am above sending sexy pictures it is just that I never have. I sent an back to N-Gauger explaining this and he stated it must have been a hacker and not my fault. This did not make me mad but it sure as hell hurt my feelings a great deal to think anyone that knows me would think I would do such a deed. So good friends if you see a spammer/hacker let someone know right away before serious harm is done. :cry: Sheriff Jim

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
As an old guy new to this computng gizmo, how does one protect them selves from this kind of harasment/behaviour???? could some of you computing gurooooo`s tell me, and I have no dout others in my position, would like to know as well.... sorry jim that you were targeted, but thanks for bringing it to the atention of all and sundry....steve

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Jim,

Sorry to hear this, especially if a misunderstanding caused by some malicious creep caused hard feelings between friends. If it has, then the spammer has won. We sure don't want that now do we?:wave: :wave: :wave:

It is really frustrating that someone can be so warped to want to cause malicious damage to people and their information and even to their recreation. I'm sick of hearing how some really clever and smart people wish to harm others this way, wouldn't it be great if we didn't need anti-virus software, firewalls and other protection, and we didn't have to keep a constant vigil against spammers, hijackers, spoofers, preditors and other malcontents? I've often wondered how great these people would be if they put these talents to good use instead of distruction.

You and Mikey have been victims of a spoofer and that's not good, especially if it caused problems between you both.:cry: :cry:It's not your fault, it's not Mikey's fault either, so don't let the cybernuts win...:D:D:D:D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
There is a new virus/worm about..The worm gathers information and from your files like e mail addys and sends the virus via pretty/sexy girl attachments with the host(YOUR E-MAIL ADDY) to your friends and such like...When you open the attachment you get zip,information is gathered and it sends the worm/virus to those e mail addys on your friends computer ect...This was on Fox News last week.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
If you are using WinXP, the safest way is to use Norton Anti Virus, MS Antispyware and MS Firewall. Since I put those three on, I have had no problems.

Email anti-virus only protects you from viruses transfered via email, they don't protect you from Internet Worms or Trojans that can be implanted from websites.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That stinks Jim! We know you wouldn't be such a scoundrel! I hope you are able to obtain whatever firewall or antivirus protection you need. Meanwhile, we won't believe everything we read! :)
Ralph

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
announce1 That's just it folks, I have all the protection on my computer as well should the Gauge. This is a virus that has been in the news for a couple of weeks, Kama something or other and it sends the "sexy" photo's out using your e-mail addy so someone thinks it is you. As N-Gauger can attest I have not in a long while sent e-mail to him or the Gauge, my point is beware, get the protection you need for your computer to protect yourselfs. I am not blaming N-Gauger nor he me. WE ARE THE VICTIMS! Hackers to me rate right up there with terrorist, we all need to stand to put them down, death to both. It is pretty damn bad when you can't even enjoy your hobbie without worrying about spam/hackers ruining it for you. In my old age I have enough trouble just trying to survive. JUST DON'T OPEN ANYTHING SEXY IN YOUR MAIL EVEN IF YOUR MOTHER SENT IT TO YOU!! Later guyz, Sheriff :thumb: Jim