better late than never

IandOFan71

Absolutely awesome photos!!!!:thumb: I especially like the one with the F units rounding the curve before the crossing. Quite possibly one of the best model railroad scenes ever IMHO. Nicely done.

Tyler

doctorwayne

Great photos. That Olympus C-770 has a really nice sharp lens. I see from the EXIF data that you always use f2.8 or f3.2

You could increase the depth of field a little by using the minimum aperture of f8 instead.Try using Aperture-Priority or Manual and then you can set f8. It will mean a little longer exposure, but I think you will like the results.

Mike Sowsun
Oakville, Ontario

Thanks Mike. Someday Mister Nutbar will bring along the manual for the camera, and we'll sit down and figure out how to use it properly. ;):-D:-D I was aware of what was needed for greater depth-of-field, but couldn't figure out how to change the settings.

Wayne

cn nutbar

Thanks Mike. Someday Mister Nutbar will bring along the manual for the camera, and we'll sit down and figure out how to use it properly. ;):-D:-D I was aware of what was needed for greater depth-of-field, but couldn't figure out how to change the settings.

Wayne

hello everyone---Well finally Doctor Wayne and I got together to read the manual and tried our luck with a few more photos---after playing around with the settings on my camera and adding some extra lighting,Wayne and I spent an enjoyable evening taking some pictures on the beautiful EG&E---here's some samples for your consideration

f822045.jpg

Copyoff822052.jpg

Copyoff822056.jpg

Copyoff822062.jpg

Copyoff822064.jpg

Copyoff822075.jpg

f822076.jpg

doctorwayne

We also had a short discussion about the stuff that you don't see until you look at a photo of something: city crews have been dispatched to repair that streetlight on Walnut Street, seen in the fourth photo. :eek: :eek:ops: :-D

Wayne

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Thanks for the shots guys! They look great. I always make sure I check out any thread that you guys create as I find great pictures every time. Thanks for that.

logicman

Greybeard
Thank you for sharing these excellent shots.

I like the detailing of the track - rust - oil - weeds etc,
but most of all, I have to say that the flowing water is the best I've ever seen bar none.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

:wave:

CN nutbar,

Wonderful locos and excellent photos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like such extraordinary fine models and your experience making such photographs.

Bernhard