Beta build of KC-135R at 1:120 scale

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by airbob, Jun 20, 2006.

1. airbob

airbob Member

For those interested I have posted the beta build pictures of the KC-135R at my website. I have not finalized the landing gear as yet but you can view my progress up to now on this bird....the only cardmodel of a KC-135 that I know of...I have turbojets (early KC-135A) and 707 fanjets (KC-135E I believe) and the latest CFM engines for this KC-135R...these plates should be finished in the August-September timeframe....again....this assembly is only for those card dudes whe really want a challenge! The site is for those who would like to take a look!
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

The beta build is looking fabulous!

3. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

It looks great
  4. hpept

hpept Member

awesome bird! It looks impressive.
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Bigger Pictures Please!

Very nice work! What software are you using?

6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

That is just incredible work, Bob!:)

Very much looking forward to further pics and updates.

Thanks for keeping up to date on your superb modeling designs.

7. airbob

airbob Member

Gil just click on the higher resolution picture 1200x that is noted for a bigger picture...these close up really show the imperfections! yow!!!
  8. airbob

airbob Member

Program to design

I use Photoshop CS and the conemaker siatki from the Digital Navy People I believe...these are both really great programs ....I would like to use one of the CAD programs but just have not had the time to study these...Yikes....these close up's really show the imperfections!....I need to use a "fuzz-filter" like they do on all the aging starlets to cover the imperfections!
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Shoot Bob! That bird looks great!

While going to Knoxville, TN last week I passed the ANG base at Meridian, MS and one of their KC-135 was doing touch and goes. The end of the runway is less that 100 yards from I-20. I got lucky and timed it just right!

That's is one BIG Beautiful Bird. The wife had to remind me I was driving in traffic and that the plane WAS NOT going the same way as the cars!:grin:

Thanks for making us a model of this wonderful gas station of the sky!

10. Gil

Gil Active Member

I guess simple tools can really produce spectacular results! Congrats are in order at the persistence these models take to realize.

Best regards,