Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Tim Crowe, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

Found a website selling papermodels:

They have a large range of models available at low prices. There are a few samples available free for download:

There are numerous others. My favorite is the grenade, you should see the look on peoples faces when you throw it through the doorway :eek:

2. Darwin

Darwin Member

Great find. My savings account trembles in fear.

NULLMOON Member

nice find..
    my saving account is on life suppport...may not see the morning:mrgreen:
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

you guys have savings accounts!!????
  5. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Bit of a swizz.... Clicking "Download free model" does NOT get you the model diorama - just PICTURES of it!
    Under "Space technology", the Juno II works, though.
  6. DHL

DHL Member

magnificent models! the convair XF 92 would be nice with FG's Lippish Li-13a that will soon come.
  7. jdmcomp

jdmcomp New Member

Wrong, there are several downloadable models available from this site, just look carefully. And yes, some are just pics but others include a small tank, torpedo boat, the Convair, an Italian building, etc. Have more faith.

8. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Yes, at least seven free models. Just ordered a few and the site was very efficient and the models look very promising. Some nice weathering on a couple of them.
  9. Darwin

Darwin Member

Has anyone had experience with them regarding purchases? How long does it take for them to respond with the download links?
  10. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

I purchased three models and the download links were instantaneous. It took several minutes for the email links to get to me, but the download links on the site were instantaneous. I look forward to more models from this site!
  11. Darwin

Darwin Member

Thanks Chris, I got it figured out. I was waiting for an email, which never reached my inbox.
  12. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Torpedo boat - found.
    1944 Italian diorama - already had (in some other post)
    Furniture - already had (in some other post)
    Spice Fiero racing car - already had (in some other post)
    Convair - no.
    Tank - no.

13. Convair -> Aircraft -> USA There is a PC-6 there too
    Tanks -> Military -> Germany Matilda and Panzer III
    -> Great Britain - a light tank

The free models look simple and elegant. Should be an excellent site to watch in the future.
  14. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

I think that the models are looking very similar with Betexa models. Here is an example.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      123.4 KB
    • foto2.jpg
      File size:
      83 KB
  15. DHL

DHL Member

yes,they really look the same:rolleyes:
  16. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Plastic Bonsai:
    Yup. Got 'em now. What a wally!

Also: Tetrarch light tank and Renault truck.

17. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

The Me 109 and the Tiger I tank are definitely of Betexa origins. Those are the only two Betexa I have to compare, so I don't know if any others are.
  18. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Also the F4U1-A Corsair, Yakovlev Yak-1, at least one of the Fw-190, KAWASAKI Ki-61 Tei and the A6M5 Zero , I'm not not very sure about the tanks.