Best low end DCC Decoder?

Hi, Returning to this forum after about a year...

I recently discovered a club right under my nose, that has a DCC layout, and i was wondering what the cheapest decoder out there is for HO. All I need are lights and motor control, preferably 4 digit addressing. I am not worried about sound and all that other fancy hoo-haw. I have about 8 locomotives to do, and I have no plans at this time to get my own DCC system, but I want the decoders for comatibility's sake. At home, I run my stuff with an awesome MRC Tech III Model 9000 powerpack straight DC. I have no plans to purchase my own DCC system, as all I have is a loop of track.

Thanks!

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
NCE and Digitrax both have basic decoders (D13SR and DH123, respectively) that sell for less than $20 at Tony's Train Exchange. You can get them either with the 9-pin JST connector used by Athearn and some others, or with the 8 pin NMRA plug.

diburning

I'd go with the NCE D13SRJ. It's $19.95 retail, and has 4 functions, which is better than Digitrax's DH123 which has 2 functions. You will need 2 functions total for headlight and rear light. the other 2 functions on the D13SRJ can be used for ditch lights, marker lights, cab light, walkway light, FRED, take your pick!