best glue for glueing paper to plastic and wire?

Tirt

Hi Guys,

Please let me know what is the best glue for:
- glueing paper to plastic, for example like in making aircraft cockpit with clear plastic :confused:
- glueing paper to wire, like in making aircraft antenna. :confused:

Thanks.

With warmest regards,

Tirta

N

niebla de fuego

I use instant glue (cyanoacrilate) an it usually works very fine.
You have to be very careful: apply small amounts. Big drops can smear, and the fumes can stain the transparent canopies.

naser80

Hi, I use cyanoacrilate for metal-paper. I think cyanoacrilate is not suitable for making canopies at all. I use a kind of glue named "allplast" fore canopy. This glue is found in my local shops and I don't know wether allplast is a general name or trade mark, however it works excellent.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You can also use sticky paper labels and "EDGE" the canopy or antenna with it then just use the regular paper glue to secure it in place.
That way, you do not damage the parts or your model.

Cyron

I've made good experiences using super (instant) glue.
One additional advantage is the low water content.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Experience with plastic models helps... CA, "instant", cyanoacrilate, WILL fog most clear plastics with exposure. you can protect the clear plastic from the CA with a coat of clear acrylic. The best method would be to edge with stickey notes or labels, then use regular PVA,"white", school glue.

hope this helps
Micah

Z

Zathros

ZIP DRY, this is the best glue for dissimilar gluing of parts together. It is incredible, it does not fog, or even penetrate plastic, but forms a strong mechanical bond on whatever you use it on. The initial thick viscosity allows for ease of positioning, and from a strong setup, don't move part after it begins to dry, or you will destroy the matrix.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Where is Zip dry found? craft stores ie Michaels, Hobby lobby. or hobby stores such as HobbyTown USA?
Micah