Best free model ever?

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Fluke69, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Fluke69

Fluke69 New Member

I don't know if this is old news but I think I found the best free model ever.I have heard a lot about the 1:18 DBR9 that's coming soon and now it's here.Does anyone know of a better model than this:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Fluke,

Well, I started to offer up a lambroughini model that I have seen but, that was before I clicked on your link.
    The Aston Martin model is AWESOME. Thanks for the great link to a very nice model.

Have a good day and ty again,

Greg aka GW
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

A good model...yes, the best free model ever...NO.
    There are tens of THOUSANDS of free models online still. This one makes the top 100 but is very far from the best.
    Did you mean "the best free Aston Martin"? I might be tempted to vote for that.
    Thanx for the link.
  4. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

Did you notice there was two (2) versions?

I think a red on green and a yellow on green; I downloaded both in the wee hours this AM...
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK........... Best most detailed free model............. I thought it was a picture of the REAL car! WoW!

6. dovbear88

dovbear88 New Member

7. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Can't be... It's not a plane.

8. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Best Aston Martin?
    Best I've seen.
    Best Free Aston Martin?
    No doubt.
    Best free model ever?
    That's not a valid statement or question considering the myriad subjects available.:roll:
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Best free car, on par with Metmania's BMW Williams FW-26

but i agree, at least in the top 100

10. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Personally, I think that guy who releases the Flintstone models is right up there with the best free models. 8v)

11. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

He's got my vote!:grin:
  12. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Me too!!!
    All Hail Poobah!!!
  13. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

So far, my vote on best designed FREE models has to go to the ECTO-1/Batmobile/Mach 5/Back To The Future Delorean creator... He seems to do so well with those compound curves...

Just don't know where his link went... :-( But I hope he continues with those greatly beloved real "OLDIES"!
  14. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Claudios' models can be found at his website:

His vehicle models may also be downloaded from my guest page:
  15. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

16. MacHine13of13

MacHine13of13 Member

I had just posted and then found your site. You didn't mention the Akira Bike, which was cool, after you made the needed mods.

I'm looking forward to more of the "CarToon"-ish models like MadMax that you have posted on your site.

Someone has done paper models of most of the "Wacky Racers" (no Turbo Terrific, nor the Dastardly "whip"), but I enjoyed your ani's of the them, and found a copy of the Animal House Deathmobile in paper model form. Does anyone know if the Aqua Teenage Hunger Force has been done in paper, yet?

Man, we've some TALENT in this form... (hint: hope Rick is willing to share his modelling secrets...)

PS: What was the airplane show Dastardly was in before Wacky Racers (Had a pidgeon)?
  17. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I don't know about that guy who did the Wacky Racers...He looks kind of "shifty" to me. Long hair, lots of tattoos...
    Anyway you can find 'his' models by clicking the link at the bottom of my signature.8)
  18. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Run a search for Dick Dastardly here:

and you should find his plane from
    Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Edit: Since this post I am making concerns the enthusiasm of people new to cardmodels I thought it might be nice if some of our members visit "their site" and invite them to visit ours. It will be a way to possibly gain new membership here and who knows, you may find that you enjoy visiting there also. I just don't wish to be seen as trying to draw membership AWAY FROM either site to the other, both sites deal with models and therefore compliment each other.

Howdy Guys,

As I am sure ya'll are all aware, I am currently off work with some disk problems in my neck. Well, I have been constructing plastic model kits since cutting out small partswith scissors is rather hard for me at the moment. Also I have been visiting where I post some of my plastic model kits.
    Well, I made mention of a cardmodel, gave the link and suddenly it was a hit, then I mentioned another and another, they were all hits!
    The cardmodels have been such a great hit that this "formerly plastic and remote control model" site has opened a section for cardmodeling.
    Which brings me to now. Since they are all new to cardmodeling for the most part, I decided to share some of the links found here in this thread "greatest free model ever", thinking that I would give them links to what cardmodelers consider to be the "best of the best".
    So, I thank you all for your submissions and I have invited the membership from there to visit and join this site. And therefore I wish to extend an invitation to the members here to visit and join "their site". Models are something that can be seen as somewhat universal, be they card, plastic, or wood etc.. Modelers of all types appreciate a model regardless of the materials it is constructed from, in some cases the more exotic the material, the more it is appreciated.
    So please, drop by and sign up and join in the conversation, I am not asking you to "pick one website over the other", I really think they compliment each other, there is nothing wrong with a "duel citizenship".
    Come by and promote your own website, cardmodels, etc, they love it all.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW