best engine???

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

what is the best big block engine? i would like to know for a savage and a custom mud bogger.THANX
  2. pimp

pimp Active Member

for the money the a xtm 24.7 pro not even 200 bux
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

me and monster have been together in talking baout this, and he and i will be using these engines on savage tranny's, at least i am, im pretty sure he is too. and with the xtm 24.7, its said to tear savage tranny's all to hell. so do u think a super low gear is avalible for the tranny??
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

well it said that about the pro but not about the regular one
  5. bandit1

bandit1 Member

oh, well i'll probobly now be going with that gms engine i told u about now, so i dont really have to worry about it.
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

i am looking also looking into the outlaw .26
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

what if you were to replace the gears with metal 1's it should make the tranny bulletproof
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

well i tried finding the thread but i failed so maybe that would work
  9. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

I have owned several big block and liked most of them. hpi -25 was the exception i didnt like it. picco-p3 .26 loved it but the powerband was very steep but it is insane. 24.7xtm pro liked it and is smoother than the picco but is a tiny bit slower but barely noticable, much better racing engine than the picco. mach .26 loved it, it is the same engine as the xtm but a .26 bore, much more bottom end and a wheelie machine. My newest engine is the Fantom .27 and I have yet to run enough fuel through it to give a judgment but it looks like it will be great. My next engine will be either the rb .28 or the orion wasp .28 but im waiting on feedback first.
    hope this helps
  10. pimp

pimp Active Member

the cheapest and best for the money woud be the power house .26 bad a$$ motor and only 100 bux u should really go with it
  11. pimp

pimp Active Member

have u got a motor yet or decided on which 1 to get
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.