Best Electric Setup For Drifting

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rcdrifter, Apr 30, 2004.

1. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Personally im not sure what call the best setup, but overall I have had the best luck with my hpi sprint with the novak brushless...my tamiya ta01 has good amount of traction and suspension followed by the losi xxx-s which is great for speed but not to well on drifting...

Of course the losi has a reedy 13t havok so that might be the problem :)
  2. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

Hey what type of tires do you drift on???
  3. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Well ive tried a few right now im running on some belted slicks which can be hard to break loose but as soon as they do they keep going, i think the torque on the novak brushless is awesome and helps alot..
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

Sweet i think that the novak is awesome too. You know around here people just wanna talk bad about the novak brushless stuff. saying they copied hacker, it is underpowered, etc. I dont care what they say it is awesome for rc drifting and they think the same after they drive my car. They all have agreed that it is the most fun RC car they have ever driven.

I also use rubber tires. I have been through Tamiya radials, HPI X-patterns, Hobby Tech slicks, Duratrax Radials.
    The Tamiyas are the most awesome so far because they break lose effortlessly. The duratrax tires have only been on the front so far and they push horribly making it hard to break the Hobby Tech slicks loose.
    I think i made a mistake when i soked the slicks in tire sauce. the tire sauce makes the tires wear faster so thats why i did it. They are about to be worn through and theyve only been through two batteries!!!
  5. belgiandiftr

belgiandiftr Guest

i think about rubber aswell so u think tamiyas are the best?
  6. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Guest

i think hard compound slick w/ extra hard inserts in the rear and hard compounds w/ medium-hard inserts in the front to maintan more controll when you keep the slide going
  7. Izdiamond

Izdiamond Guest

AE86 Drifter----How you manage to drift with rubber tyre...????
    Is the tyre a special type....????
    Hope you can shed some light here...thanks.....
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Its the same as drifting with PVC or Taped tires... just takes a little more skill and a more toruqy motor to get it started. After HPI or Yok comes out with their drift trires, im going rubber.
  9. Izdiamond

Izdiamond Guest

Coool........Any idea what material they use to make those rubber tyre...
  10. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

What ones are you talking about? The HPI "Stage D's"? The new Yok Treaded Drift tires? Regular racing tires?
  11. Izdiamond

Izdiamond Guest

Ouhhhh...my bad.....i did'nt know it was that normal......... :shock:
  12. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ahh.. i think i know what you mean now! You mean how do you make the tires... as in you want your own set but want to make it. Right?

But again i say, this time with more knowing, PVC tires, ABS? Raceing Rubber, Foams? Drifter Rubber, foams? The New Yok and HPI Rubber Drift tires?
  13. Izdiamond

Izdiamond Guest

Ok...u pretty sum it all up already.......I was referring to those Stage 'D' tyres....what type of compound is it...?
  14. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

lol... No one really knows yet. Iv mailed HPI from a few diffrent account. I even e-mailed HPI euro and Jap to get any info... But got nothing. My guess is its a extremely hard rubber compound, mixed with some PVC and a "flour" like substance to keep the rubber hard but not dry out and crack.
  15. Izdiamond

Izdiamond Guest

WHOAAA.....thats some heavy shit......gottta try those tyres....thanks sparkey.....
  16. Izdiamond

Izdiamond Guest

I have a problem....I intended to get a Futaba MC230CR ESC....
    The problem is that it requires a Futaba J plug compatible receiver...
    I have a Sanwa am receiver....and i'm not sure if it is futaba j plug compatible...... :roll:
    Thanks.........
  17. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Well, if it wont plug in because theres a little "nipple" on the connector, just clip it off. If not, it should be fine.
  18. Izdiamond

Izdiamond Guest

Ahhhh i see.....thanks........ :D