Best (Canadian) Price for steamers?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by MasonJar, Apr 21, 2004.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I am looking to expand my "fleet", and am thinking about the Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0 or 4-6-0 (lettered for Canadian National).

Can anyone recommend a good Canadian retailer (or US if the duties and shipping, etc do not overwhelm the purchase price)?

What is the best price for these right now - outside of that excellent eBay deal... ;)

2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Hi Andrew,
    Try Trainworld for the Spectrums, you might have to decal them
    for CN. (they have unlettered ones)

I can't say about the shipping, they would be as reasonable as anyone. :) :)
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

If you do order from the States, be sure to stipulate that they only ship with the POST OFFICE (USPS) and NOT with UPS. That way, you'll avoid $40.00 worth of brokerage fees.
  4. MasonJar

Thanks for the tips guys!

Anyone else have any recommendations for these items (I forgot to mention HO scale...).

5. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Try "Canadian Express Lines" they are mail order and run by Dave Cool.

Phone: 450-668-3021
  6. MasonJar

Thanks Will...

I did put in an email to Dave, and this is his response:

I got my P2K 0-6-0 from him a few years ago. When everyone else wnat about $250, he was selling for $199.

7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I'll second trainworld. If you find a better price, it's probably a scam :D I've had several good dealings with them, they do what they say they will do, and they do it now. I've payed 70% off list for diesels.

You can call them and discuss shipping. I've talked to them about overseas shipping and it seemed quite reasonable. Customs would be between you and "The Man". Do you have "The Man" up there? :D :D :D

Their prices and phone no. on their site:

Be sure and check the bargains area:

:eek: :eek: :eek: 5437 RIV 2-8-4 BERKSHIRE AMER. R.R. #759 49.99:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wish I had some money I could spend!