Not open for further replies.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello, again!

Not so long ago in a galaxy quite nearby (aka "www") I found the Berserk Battlestar by Jay B and Trent (nothing) Henry. The vessel appeared briefly in "BSG: Razor" and was destroyed when the Cylons attacked the Scorpion shipyard facility (a pity; would have loved to see more of the Berserk in action).

Building the model is very easy. The folding lines are well placed and nearly all parts come as blocks. I cut off the flaps of the lizard head and glued it from behind with paper strips to achieve a smooth curved surface. The spine and the engines need some trimming and the big fuel tubes are a bit too short. The main body around the landing bay would greatly benefit from some internal support since it bends easily.

The landing bay itself is a very tricky design: several blocky parts (top, floor, two sides) have to be arranged in a way that they form a rectangular runway. You have to work very carefully to get the correct shape. The texture of the bay's interior is excellent; unfortunately you don't see much of it any more after assembly.

Assembly is straight forward, however, due to the lack of guide lines and assembly instructions I strongly recommend collecting all pics of this ship you can find for reference first (modelermagic.com / Alfred Wong's site / galactica.tv; you may look at my pics as well). Be careful when glueing the fuel tubes in position (don't confuse them; the big ones bend downwards AND inwards, the big end is aft, the front end has to be extended with cardboard pieces).

The Berserk is a fine ship, very well textured, presented in a nice scale. I'm thinking about adding elevated details and small turrets to improve her overall appearance. I'm definitely going to create an adequate display stand for it soon (and yes, I still have to colour the edges!). The model is 36 cm long (I hope it is in scale with the new Moebius Galactica).

Enjoy the pics and a big "Thank you" to Jay B and Trent for bringing this tough vessel to us!

IMG_9164s.jpg IMG_9168a.jpg IMG_9172a.jpg IMG_9175a.jpg IMG_9176a.jpg IMG_9186a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paperwerk

treker2557

Mar 19, 2011
I built this with a resin model. With so much detail in it what a amazing job you did! I'm impressed.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
To treker: Thank you very much! I was (and still am) amazed at the detail that went into the model. Trent did a marvelous job. :wave:

To MTK: you are right, it is possible to take the unfolded pattern, trace it onto some sheets of styrene and shape and glue it together to get a model made of plastic. Take a look at this thread:
http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153182&highlight=cylon+armour
Red made his Cylon armour from metal; it looks fantastic. :thumb:

kanohidragon

Nov 15, 2011
So, how about the project of build the Colonial Fleet? In one scale. It may looks great. Pegasus, Galactica, Valkyrie, Berserk. And other.

Status
Not open for further replies.