Berryville & Summit Point Ry

jjqgenesis

Aug 2, 2002
Southern California
www.geocities.com
Hello,

I am in the process of building a layout in a room I built in the garage of the new home my wife and I moved into. The layout listed under my profile is the old one at the other house. While preparing the house for sale that layout was taken apart and as much saved as possible. I continue to keep that web site up since it has been a great source of e-pass exchanging. I will eventually create a new web site.
The new layout is mostly based on a plan from the October 1957 issue of MR, by Gordon Odegard.
I thought I would post a few photos showing progress so far.

Attachments

• dcp_0698.jpg
    dcp_0698.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 154

jjqgenesis

Aug 2, 2002
Southern California
www.geocities.com
These are some of the members of the CMRS visiting my layout this past week. The door to the layout is in back of the group. I'm the gray haird character, sttoped with both arms out spread. We have been running tours of each tohers layouts and will eventually be having operating sessions while waiting to build the CMRS club layout.
I hope my posting is an ok policy with this forum

Attachments

• visitors.jpg
    visitors.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 144

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by jjqgenesis

I hope my posting is an ok policy with this forum
This is what make this forum so great. Thanks for posting them and I hope you do more. I haven't been at this to long and I learn with every post others make here. Lots of good stuff.

Don

C

Catt

Well,the moderator has no problem with your posting, 'cept a little touch of jealousy.:D :D Very nice looking layout.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Sure is great to see a bunch o' guys hangin' out in the garage, runnin' trains! :D :cool: :cool: :D
The layout looks great...looks like a ton o' fun!:cool: :cool: :cool:

jjqgenesis

Aug 2, 2002
Southern California
www.geocities.com
The people in the photo are members of a newly formed club I am a co-founder and secretary of. We have been offered the use of one of the old rsidences on the property of the Corona Heritage Park/Museum. The building was built in 1920 or earlier and we are renovating the interior while waiting for approval to remove a bearing wall. The plans have been given to the Heritage Foundation who run the Park/Museum.
I have a web page if you are interested in seeing our progress.
http://www.geocities.com/cmrs501/
We do rail fanning together and visit train shows like GAT's and other things. The layout at the museum will be HO scale but we are a mixed group modeling in LBG, O, Tin Plate, HO and N scales on our personal layouts.

Thanks for the kind remarks about my layout. I have been a lurker for sometime but have posted some questions now that I can run some trains and the help received is appreciated.