Beroc's Warhound

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by Beroc Lord of Destruction, Aug 18, 2014.

1. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Availability of model will return shortly!
  2. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

That looks incredible, always loved the WH "look"! Amazing work Beroc!
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

Beroc, Lord of Destruction, when you're ready, upload them to the Resource area, or let me know if you want me too. I'll let you leave them here for now. Thanks. :)
  4. Completed model pics...

Taken by my loving girlfriend (yes, I have one and still had time to build this.)

DSC_2791.JPG DSC_2802b.jpg
    DSC_2790a.jpg DSC_2809a.jpg
    DSC_2800.JPG DSC_2792.JPG
    DSC_2794.JPG DSC_2805a.jpg DSC_2801.JPG
  5. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

This is gorgeous! Thank you very much, Beroc! I can imagine this Warhound to be part of a movie. I especially like the clean execution and the markings. :)
  6. I actually hope that someone can do it cleaner. I had to redo stuff over and over because what I put in illustrator sometimes didnt line up. 25 pages is a lot of paper.
    Sanginus likes this.
  7. Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder Member Extraordinaire

Beautiful model, glad I'm not the only one who's critical of their own work :)
  8. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Beautiful workmanship. I have it on the fast track for a build and for making it cleaner, WHY? it is supposed to look grimy so if you see smudges on mine, it is there to add flair to the build. Thanks for sharing and for the photos.
  9. LOL, cleaner as in straighter. I am a firm believer in aging and detailing your models.

Also... When you build this, line the hip join up to the center of the foot, and make sure that the hips face straight up. The balance of the body is very even so it wont fall forward. My model was actually cut off the hips and re-glued so that it would tilt forward. This means that your model will stand taller and have more room for the guns. Mine rub on the legs. (cleaner I say... )
  10. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, and A bit off center can be used to indicate battle damage, but I will try to make it cleaner (straight).
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  11. JohnSmith

JohnSmith New Member

First of all, thanks to Beroc for the template. As i am half through with building my own version i may post pictures later. One thing though, as a closet neckbeard, i can't stand your warhound having a Dark Angels symbol on a Ultrasmurf titan...
    On the other hand that makes my recoloring much easier ^^^
  12. The whole thing was done in Illustrator. I believe that I exported it all so that if you had illustrator, you could simply recolor it in one shot. The logos could then be put on as you need.
  13. RonaldoM

RonaldoM Member

Hi Beroc ( the rest of the name is too long to write)
    You actually managed to give life to this model. I do not know the original model that served you as a base, but the details that you have added are really impressive. Congratulations!
  14. JohnSmith

JohnSmith New Member

I actualy used the poor mans route and converted it, then used gimp, then converted it back illustrater is a goot tip though, there are a lot of models (mostly warhammer tanks) i would like to change the color and logos on.

PS: The most usefull details are the pistons i found out. They still are a pain to build, but at least you dont have to use plastic tubing.