Bergen Arches & Erie cut,

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
I have been working on track plans to model this sort of scene, I have chosen to depict it during it's construction . I'm not attemping to recreate this particular one, Just the essence of it. And to show what it took to achieve something like this a hundred or so years ago.
To me it is absolutely stunning.

here's a link to the Bergen Arches site
http://www.jerseycityhistory.net/bergenarches.html

Btw from the reading it sounds as though this oasis may have a bleak future. :(

t.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Excellent resourse link t.!

I lived near the area for 15 years and am fascinated with how they constructed all that. Riding the trians to Hoboken took you through some interesting terrain and so, similar constructs as you approached the palisades along the Hudson. Thanks for the resource (I already grabbed the photos and postcard pics off that site, plus the bookmark).

Mark

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
T, That's my neighborhood, if you come up we'll take a field trip. Blake would join us, maybe even Mark. We could also throw in an operating session. Keep it in mind.

Gary

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hi N Gauger and thanks,.. But I'm confused (It comes natural) as to what I'm looking at. The photo's I've seen show it abandend and all grown over. Is this a part of it that is still fuctioning?

t.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I have no idea :)

I just went to Mapblast & entered Jersey City & this came up. Follow the link & go there to see what else you can find :) :)

You might have to sign in - but it's free. I use it a LOT to see RR ROW's all over the US.... It's Great!!! LOL