benchwork theropy

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
benchwork therapy

Hi all, Spent the weekend building some benchwork. I did'nt think I'd ever get this far. Thats yours truely standing in the middle of what will be the metropolis called Avalon.

Attachments

• benchworkmefinal.jpg
    benchworkmefinal.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 195

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
So ya went & built yourself into a corner, didn't ya? :D
Just kiddin' t.
That's some nice looking benchwork!
Can't wait to see your progress!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Cool!

Fantastic t! It must feel great to finally be started on the actual construction. I am going to be watching your progress every step of the way. Turning dreams into reality - that's what it's all about! Keep up the good work!

cheers
:D Val

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hey t., your benchwork surely looks professional!
I'm about in the same stage of construction and can't wait to lay the first track.:cool:
I hope you got out of your access hole again! Comparing my dimensions with yours I would have been stuck there for good! :D :D :D
That's why I'll have no access holes on my layout. ;)

Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi t, Hmmm, been there, done that,liked it, then started again.:D

Looking good friend, soon have it all finsihed and trains running. Yeah, thats what I like to see.

Shamus
wink.gif

P

philip

T : your benchwork looks great! have you seen that confounded bridge?

:D philip

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Lookin good t., looks like a nice fit. Did you leave a little room for if your chest sags down around your waist like mine did? I didn't gain weight as much as it just relocated. Looks like ya still got all 6 fingers on yer left paw, but why er ya hidin the raht one? Bet it feels great to see it coming together!

Woodie - I think he picked up that cap when he lived up by Cobblers Knob; I think I saw Tripod wearing one once. Speakin of Tripod, I saw a two legged dog on the animal cahnnel the yesterday. He was missing a front and rear on the same side, but when he ran he looked normal. When he stood still, he kinda hopped around. Lost 'em when he was a pup, so he doesn't know any better.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
hey T!!
Looking Good!!!!!!!

Whatever you do, Don't lose this pic!!

You will want to look back on it & also show others what it looked like. I took about 40 pics of our layouts & it amazes people that you start with nothing & build your own little world! :) :) Good luck!!

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
I agree!! There's no therapy like that ole hammer and nails type therapy!! Tho I prefer deck screws and a cordless driver myself. :D

Aahhhhh the smell of the wood, the whine of the saw, the filling of space and especially, like Val says, the realization of a dream.

Keep goin t.!!..... and keep us posted with lots of pics every step of the way. We'll all be cheerin for ya!!

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hi all, ok I got this part done....now what do I do, lol

That hat keeps the hamster at the ol' brain controls from getting cold. I got good heat out there but was practicing good energy conservation that day.

jon, would'nt it be great to get ol' tripod and "Duece" together!

Shamus, I was scratching my hat trying to figure out how you can build this stuff as quick as you do...you da man!

Btw, I'm hoping that access hole will be a good incintive to stay thin? :D