Benchwork Part II

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
As promised, digital camera now resides at our house for a few weeks, so here's the first pics of the Veiled Peaks layout . . . . benchwork complete, and the hidden "Canyon Run" loop now in place. This loop will be visible only in the canyon (lower) part of the layout.

Attachments

• framework-2002-05-25a.jpg
    framework-2002-05-25a.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 111

bobrien

Feb 15, 2002
Waiuku,New Zealand
Visit site
Love the benchwork Mike - it looks like it is going to be a great layout :)

My only question so far is - in view of the lack of insulation (boy you guys don't miss a thing!) - is YOUR ceiling finished ? (are you watching Planeshavings? -lol):D :D :D :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Looks GREAT Michael! :cool:
I really like the split-level design!
That will make for some very interesting scenic possibilities!

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
Hey Guys, come on he's Canadian, He don't need no stinkin' insulation. Now seriously, real nice bench work Mike, good and sturdy. I also like the dual heights, maybe something I might try further down the pike!!!:eek:

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Nice carpentary work rockislandmike
Looks sturdy and will be a good foundation for your layout
Now I know us Canadians have thick blood and all that antifreeze in our veins but this has to be a summer project or else it moves into a basement or somewhere else because Edmonton gets really cold during winter. For the uninitiated cars have to be plugged in over night if you expect them to start next day. I have a double car garage here in Ontario and although milder than Edmonton, it still gets far to cold to have a year round layout in the garage so mine's in the basement.