Bell X-2

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Billy Leliveld, Apr 29, 2007.

1. I scaled a realy detailed drawing to the size of my side-view so I can figure out the cockpit, see the difference with the 3 way drawing..
    This must have been realy thight in reality, going Mach 3 with your chin on your knees...
    Wonder how these guys got in there...probably used a fork..
    Cheers, Billy
  2. Here's the latest progress..
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Alright!!! This thread makes a great tutorial!! This must go into the archives
  4. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I agree! Please us how you design the skins.
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

Looking good--I usually prototype at twice the size the eventaul; model will be: You should see the size of the JD-1 (A-26) that will eventually be 1/48.
  6. Hello Rob,
    At this time it's 1;29, just because my printerprogram let's me print 'posters' that are 12 A4 prints glued together, what's the most used standard;1:48 or 1:50 ?
  7. This the way I figure out the skin-parts, it's normal printing paper..
  8. Then I copy the part twice; one to tracing-paper, so I can make ajustments, and one to 170grm cardstock
  9. Well.. the first skinpart is on, without big fitting problems..
    Cheers, Billy
  10. 46rob

46rob Member

Billy--I usually build to 1/48, because it's a common US scale. I believe that in Europe, the 1/50 scale is most common. If you build to 1/48, it only has to be decreased by a few percentages to become 1/50. Always easier to scale down than up.
  11. Had not so much time ... some real-life work had to be done to pay the rent..
    Working my way to the back, I 'm using rubbercement now to glue, it's much easier to get a part several times on and off, till it has the right fit
  12. Next step, The cockpit interieur and the landinggear-housing..
  13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

WOW... Amazing achievement for a scratchbuild!!!
  14. Some progress, wings, you have to do actualy only one and flip it around...
    Cheers, Billy
  15. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Quite an excellent design, Billy!

You are doing a wonderful job on this scratchbuilt design.

Keep at it, mate!

16. Thanks,Jim,
    the hardest part sofar is the colour-scheme:twisted:
    Cheers, Billy
  17. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

Hey Billy,
    Just curious if you ever finished your X-2. It was looking fantastic. Noticed you started a new thread on the Ascender, so have you put this one on hold?

Look forward to any updates you have.

18. gkitmach

gkitmach New Member

Bell X-2 Completion

What is the status-did you ever complete the Bell X-2. Is it or at least parts of it available on the web for others to try building it ?
  19. There is still some life in the X2,(after the forum switch) had to do some real work the last couple of weeks and the summer holidays... I've build a 'light-box" so I can copy the plans more easy. I started the XP55 on the side , just building is a complete different ball-game than designing....
    Cheers, Billyaussie