bell x-1

PaperAir

Nov 20, 2008
monson ma
this is a one page model.witch works out for me now with all the summer time project

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    454.1 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: zathros

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This is really coming out so nice, clean and crisp! I like enlarging models too, though I am very limited in space. Nice bird your building there. :)

Reactions: MAC99 and PaperAir

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It's coming out nice. I would have cut off those tabs and glued strips instead. That would leave the thickness of the paper stepped so the next piece would fit perfectly. That's the problem with tabs, they are on the same plane of the parts you are trying go glue, making a white end of paper show. It is coming out nice though and it is a really nice size model. The designers of these models should get on the ball and start being smart about their designs. A builder goes by the instructions. Having those point tabs to locate is bad design. Your assembly technique makes up for it though. I don't know who designed that model, I have an idea, but am not positively sure. You could make an excellent glider out of that if you set up the wings and C.G. right. Of course, throwing a model is kind of hard to do unless you intend to do that from the beginning. Nice job. :)

Reactions: PaperAir

freddyman

Feb 13, 2012
nc hamlet
Might I also suggest coloring the edges of the model and tabs to get a much cleaner look. Your making incredible progress and I can't wait to see more

Reactions: PaperAir