Beginnings of a layout

Nick8564

I have been asking many questions on here with very good responces. I have finally got some track on a table. Its rather large for a first timer. I started off small and keep adding on as I built and couldn't stop. Still have a lot I want to include later down the road. It alittle messy but I think you can get the picture. Its a freelance railroad I guess you can say. What ever popped in my head I put on the table. Tell me what yall think. Thanks for all the help on here.

Attachments

• STA70125.JPG
    STA70125.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 188
  • STA70127.JPG
    STA70127.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 188
  • STA70128.JPG
    STA70128.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 186

Scoobie

WOW, that's bigjawdrop I also started a freelance layout, not nearly as big as yours about 12 X 10. I wish I had enough space for a bigger layout, but my wife thought we should use some of it for living space( can you imagine that sign1 ). Keep us up to date with pics I'm curious on your progress. It looks great so far.

I like your ideas a lot. I have always been freelance, bcause, like you say, do whatever pops into your head. Your layout is looking great. I agree, we need lots more pics as you progress.

Lynn

Play-Doh

My layout is freelance as well, I kinda like it that way...its all me! And dont fret about the dirty table. I remember looking at my table the other day with tons of rail/roadbed/nails/ties/tools/dirt/sandpaper/ballast/markers/hobby saws/couplers/rolling stock/screwdrivers/glue/nails/drills and various other clutter, and I just thought....this is so cool!!

MilesWestern

Isn't it? it really shows a sense of accomplishment when you have to get out ALL of your tools out of the cabinet just to re align a piece of track. Reminds me of the "Men are Pigs" comedy routine by Tim Allen, the part about the Diesel Powered Dishwasher...