The Building of the Galactic Fleet

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I love seeing space ships with other ones together in the same scale. It really gives perspective. If you (Dan) need anything for the Vorchan, I can help, (maybe), I can figure out hard parts sometimes. The nose of the A90 Ekranoplan was the hardest, because of the real one's unique distinctive shape, if it wasn't close, it just wouldn't cut it. The limitation is paper, if I made that one section out of aluminum flashing, I could make a dye to stamp out the panels, and make it much like the original, but with paper, this is really as close as I could get. :)

url

View attachment 145790

View attachment 145789

Hey Zathros,

Did you mention something about a Vorchan model? If so I'm definitely interested.

Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Chadepotts,

I like the landing bay for the Berzerk. Nice build overall with a model of a shuttle for scale comparison. Although as I'm thinking about it, if that's the landing bay shouldn't the shuttle be a LITTLE bit smaller?

Just wondering. Still the shuttle looks good. Looking forward to seeing the Celestra completed. Nice presentation of what you've done so far.

Take care and have a great day!

Sky Seeker

Chadepotts1273

Hey, thanks Skyseeker! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the shuttle. I don't think I'll be building too many of these mini's. Too hard on my nerves! & I did have to buy a little pair of tweezers, first time I've ever needed them. But the little ones are still fun to look at up next to the other ships, when they're all done. :) Still working on the mini Vipers, they might take me a while.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Sky Seeker, as long as the model is relatively big model, happy to help. Tiny models are impossible to do contours on. :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Sky Seeker, as long as the model is relatively big model, happy to help. Tiny models are impossible to do contours on. :)
Zathros,

When I finally get around to the Vorchan it will most definitely require a few pages to do. I'm thinking about the size of the Defender about a foot and 1/2 long.

Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Chadepotts,

Now that's cool ! Did you create the mini viper yourself or get it somewhere? Nice job!

Sky Seeker

Chadepotts1273

My kids have taken to affectionately calling it " the Booger" , because every time I hold it & breathe out, it disappears. & then we are all on our hands & knees looking for it. It's that tiny! So far, we have found it every time. ;) think I'll put it in a little box for safe keeping, while I put together a few more.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
My kids have taken to affectionately calling it " the Booger" , because every time I hold it & breathe out, it disappears. & then we are all on our hands & knees looking for it. It's that tiny! So far, we have found it every time. ;) think I'll put it in a little box for safe keeping, while I put together a few more.

That's cool. Launch when ready ... achoo. Aww.. look it's a green viper!!;)

Sky Seeker

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
great job! saw some glitter paper bags at the dollar tree store in greens and reds and blues and golds that might enhance the engine ports just in case you didn't know a cheap source of that kind of stuff.

Chadepotts1273

I like that suggestion, thanks Space Agent-9! My 10 year old daughter does a whole lot more crafts & projects than I do. She is extremely artistic, & that may be an understatement. A few weeks ago, I was looking for something clear to make a windshield for one of my models, & she suggested I use the clear, plastic window from the package of a My Little Pony toy I had gotten her. It didn't quite fit what I had in mind, but I started watching those toy packages, & I've actually found some perfect curvature windows for some of my models (like a windshield for a K.I.T.T. Paper model). Just saying, don't be so quick to throw way those toy packages.

Chadepotts1273

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I've been working on the Battlestar Pegasus also. I wasn't going to post any pics of it, cuz my printer was getting low on ink when I printed the template, & it had some pink lines all through it. I took a gray marker to the really strong pink lines, & it actually turned out looking not half bad. I was considering this one just practice, but it's been turning out better than expected. It's still rough around the edges, but I do love this ship. These are progress pics so far, I still need to put together the flight pods.

Last edited by a moderator: