beginner and want some info on some buggies

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by 432gone, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 432gone

432gone New Member

i want to buy a buggy as my first car but not sure what one to get. I want one that will have cheap parts if i need them, not alot of money of the start(about $500-700) and will be reliable over the years that i have it. If anyone one as any suggestions or knows of any good websites for more info please write back.
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

The duratrax Axis is a decent buggy that is built tough. The engine is OK and the parts are stress tec warranted. (6 Months) The problem is poor availability of the parts. Not a whole lot of lhs' carry duratrax. The buggy is not that expensive and you would have enough left to buy an OS engine for under $700 bones. Plus it comes with just about everything you need to get started. Check it out. Myself... I prefer electric buggies. They are lighter and can withstand high jumps without a lot of modding. I started in the hobby years ago with and electric FOX. It was a buggy and it was fast. lol but that was back when everything was still in scale MPH. :)
  3. Look at the OFNA hyper 7 or violator now those buggies are sweet and they only cost $450.00 and they come with good motors and a bunch of extras...like glow plug, glow igniter and a carrying case, and more.........look at www.towerhobbies.com
  4. 432gone

432gone New Member

thanks for the info. on what a good car is for a beginner. i have looked at them all and looked at parts and availability and the ofna seems to better. they are cheaper and have better acces to the parts.
    but if anyone hears anything bout any other buggies or something bout the ones mentioned please write back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.