Before and after

interurban

Hi folks,, This is where I started, Trying to figure a way of fitting a small Station in with a lot of movement possibilities.

Attachments

• ret interurban station.jpg
    ret interurban station.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 334

interurban

I started the over- head yesterday and finished it today. All throw motors "in" all Blocks "in" and all working FINE phew!!

Attachments

• p9140014.jpg
    p9140014.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 315

interurban

Here is the over-head, I have to finish the car park and set some people in place . Then finish the painting that should do it.:D

Attachments

• p9140020.jpg
    p9140020.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 308

belg

power?

I know this is going to be a real rookie question but the overhead wires on these types of locos don't actually do anything for power.There in place only to make the scene look correct?

interurban

Hi Belg, Look close at the overhead and you will see where I block the wire so I can hold a car in different spots i.e. the station or end of track, also notice the end track where the lpb are and you will see I have a metal wheel stop which also puts the same power to both rails.
All wires are hot my friend zzaaapppppp:D

shaygetz

Re: power?

Originally posted by belg
I know this is going to be a real rookie question but the overhead wires on these types of locos don't actually do anything for power.There in place only to make the scene look correct?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 'Scuse me rookie:p but one does not model traction using "dummy" overhead (as typer looks over his rims and down his nose at yonder imagined neophite) Now lookit what you done...I gotta go out and hurt a small furry animal to vent my aggressions...."...don't actually do anything..." OOOoooh the pain, THE PAIN....

belg

oooohhhhh can you ever forgive a neophite like me I just don't know how your type of system works as I've never had any dealings with it. As my footer says though "If it doesn't spark it doesn't concern me" well I guess your over head definately sparks. Consider me colored red with shame.:D :eek:

shaygetz

You're forgiven. Your penance shall be running 10 feet of two track high speed catenary over a double slip switch...in Z scale :D ;) :p

Great work, Chris, that overhead is sweet.

Clerk

DUMMY WIRE??? Where? Very nice job Chris. I sure wish I could fly over just to see it but as I had to quit Wal Mart because of health my $$ is very low.

interurban

Thanks guys it runs sweet , no hang ups on the wire!

Hi Dick sorry to hear that,,, It`s a bummer when you have to scale back like that.
I wish you could fly over to my friend.
How about I make you a video, When its all up and running I`ll get the crew over for a Traction night??
It will be October/November. PM me your addy and it will happen.:)

Lighthorseman

Looks GREAT!

I love following the progress of your layout, Chris! Nice work, as always.

I hope to be back at mine in a couple of weeks, once the move is complete. Can't wait to get started on that narrow gauge traction line. :)

interurban

Thanks Steve,,, scenery is not my strong point ,, but I have slowed down and took my time with this "redo" section and tried to improve in that area.
I also can`t wait for you to get into traction:D :D
Looking forward to that.
Hope all is going to plan with the new house my friend.
Cheers.

interurban

Hi Robin, Thanks for that, all you great scenery guys encourage us to try harder:D
Here is one of my scratch built box motors tick a ticking (air compressor) waiting for duties.;)

Attachments

• p9140019.jpg
    p9140019.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 61