Before & After Shot

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Here's a couple of pics to show progress on one area of the layout.
    The area picture between the track, & bakdrop ranges from 2"-3" deep.
    Before...

Attached Files:

2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

...& here's the most recent view of the same area...

Attached Files:

3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

You are making me jealous! I'm I the slowest one on this forum????
  4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

looking good!

Looking good, Charlie!

All you need now, is some dim lighting, some foggy streetlamps, a 1920's black cadillac, some shady characters in pinstrip suits (with spats) and violin cases! :p :D
  5. Bill Pontin

Bill Pontin Member

Great job Charlie, going to have a go at it with one of my show modles. Don't know where you get your artwork but I was going to use my digital camera and photograph some of my previous buildings from several angles. Have several programs for sizing the picture and a fairly good printer, whatcha think? Do you glue the back ground buildings onto a piece of foamcore or something to give it a little depth? :rolleyes:

Bill P.
  6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Bill,
    The "artwork" is just those Instant Buildings from Walthers, that I had reduced 50% for N scale, cut them out with an x-acto knife, & glued them directly on the backdrop. I would love to try what you're talking about, but my printer is...well...I don't think I can use words like that on this forum...:mad:
    Tyson,
    Don't feel bad...I've been working on this microscopic layout for a year now! :D (the whole thing would probably be a leisurely evening's work for Shamus!)