Before & After Shot

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Here's a couple of pics to show progress on one area of the layout.
The area picture between the track, & bakdrop ranges from 2"-3" deep.
Before...

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 128

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
...& here's the most recent view of the same area...

Attachments

• mvc-011f.jpg
    mvc-011f.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 119

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
looking good!

Looking good, Charlie!

All you need now, is some dim lighting, some foggy streetlamps, a 1920's black cadillac, some shady characters in pinstrip suits (with spats) and violin cases! :p :D

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Great job Charlie, going to have a go at it with one of my show modles. Don't know where you get your artwork but I was going to use my digital camera and photograph some of my previous buildings from several angles. Have several programs for sizing the picture and a fairly good printer, whatcha think? Do you glue the back ground buildings onto a piece of foamcore or something to give it a little depth? :rolleyes:

Bill P.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Bill,
The "artwork" is just those Instant Buildings from Walthers, that I had reduced 50% for N scale, cut them out with an x-acto knife, & glued them directly on the backdrop. I would love to try what you're talking about, but my printer is...well...I don't think I can use words like that on this forum...:mad:
Tyson,
Don't feel bad...I've been working on this microscopic layout for a year now! :D (the whole thing would probably be a leisurely evening's work for Shamus!)