Been very very busy

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Just a short update since I have very little energy to spare. As you may recall, we were in the process of selling our house in Wickenburg and having a new one built for us, train room and all. Well, we finally moved into our new home here in Surprise, Arizona, about 40 miles closer to Phoenix than we were before. Selling our other house dragged on for over six months, and our “quick” closing turned into another six weeks wait after several delays, but we now only own one house and as of about a week ago, are 100% here. :wave: Both Peggy and I are beat, and we still have much to do before we are settled. So far, the only thing we found that got seriously damaged in the move is the cabinet I built for my layout.:eek: No big loss since I wasn’t that happy with it anyway. I now have a dedicated train room that connects to my den so I can have a more permanent layout. :) Both rooms are full of boxes right now and I predict it will be a good two months before I get everything done and back to working on the one I started a year ago. Unfortunately I had to stop working on it when we put the house on the market. The cabinet is toast, the layout survived intact.

I’ve been lurking here just about every day, but haven’t been able to keep up with everything that’s going on since I keep my visits short. I haven’t posted here in over a month and don’t look forward to being active again for a while, but I will continue to visit anyway. I’m amazed and impressed with all the recent changes. New owner, new administrator, new moderators, new forums and a brand new look, wow, looking good. This is still the best forum on the net for trading information, getting help and for the people. Thank you Jon for keeping us all posted when the Gauge went down, and congrats to Paul and all the new moderators. I am looking forward to being more active here and on my layout.

Ya know, if I had a BBQ like Val, and everyone that came unpacked a couple of boxes, then there’s those shelves we need built, and the lights we need to add and… well, with that kind of help I could be up an running trains a lot sooner. :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Don,
Glad your move came off okay, tell Peggy not to work too hard.

Don't stay away too long my friend, and give your mind an exercise in track planning for the new room.

Keep in touch.

Shamus

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Lots of luck and happiness for both of you in your new home! :thumb: :wave:

Both rooms are full of boxes right now and I predict it will be a good two months before I get everything done

This must be one of the addendums to Murphy's laws:
In every empty room in a new house or apartment (in my case it was a newly renovated basement room) out of nowhere there will be a giant accumulation of boxes - some of them full of stuff which you'll probably never use again. And all this is filling up the room so much, that you almost can't do anything you originally intended to do there! :eek: :mad: :( :rolleyes:
And then of course when you finally take heart and throw something of that stuff away, you can be sure that a fortnight later you'll need exactly these things you discarded! :mad: :curse: :( :cry:

I wish you lots of wisdom when deciding what to throw and what to keep... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ron

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks guys. All I can say is that we are tired. We're doing things that some people half our age would have second thoughts about.
RailRon said:
This must be one of the addendums to Murphy's laws:
In every empty room in a new house or apartment (in my case it was a newly renovated basement room) out of nowhere there will be a giant accumulation of boxes - some of them full of stuff which you'll probably never use again. And all this is filling up the room so much, that you almost can't do anything you originally intended to do there! :eek: :mad: :( :rolleyes:
Ron,

There is a principal, maybe the Peter Principal, but I'm not sure about that, it goes something like this: Man can always find a way to fill the available space with whatever posessions he has at the time.

I remember moving into new office space. We had 1250 sq. ft. and now had 3000, we immmediatly filled it up with what we had in the old space. Our new house has over 700 sq. ft. more than the old one, but a smaller garage and no workshop. If it wasn't for the yard sale we had before we moved we wouldn't have any room to sleep.:eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Don,
Happy to hear the move is done. The unpacking will take some time, but that too shall pass, and then it will be layout time!
Now!, The important question! Are you really close to a good hobby shop??
Pete

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Don so how did the final punchlist with the contractor go? Hope it was painless!

Now about that barbq,I've heard of paint parties but box unpaking parties tht must be something specific to Arizona maybe.

Missed your wit and sense of humor so hurry up and finish will you! Pat

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Pete,

A lot closer. Roy's Trainworld was over 80 miles from my house in Wickenburg and now it's closer to 40. :rolleyes: At least we don't have to worry about the snakes. :eek:

Pat,

The closing on our old house was not painless. To be sure, our buyer had initially wanted a quick close, but had problems on his end and it took an extra month. A month of extra house payments and utilities and a month where we had no idea if we had really sold or not. We alternated living in one house then the other and that wasn't fun either. Now the only pain is in our muscles and joints. ;) ;)

Ray,

BBQ is on hold right now, but I do expect you down here when you can make it to take a look at that rather large layout that I hope your group can use at least a part of. Let me know when you can come down here. Maybe we can check out a few of my locos while you're here :D :D

RC,

Thanks, as soon as we are settled, we will begin to enjoy the fruits of our labor. :wave: :wave: