Been Havin' Some Troubles

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Charlie,
As a model builder there are two things I've always worried about, injuring my hands, and losing my sight. Your condition reminds me just how fragile an enjoyable life can be.
Everyone I met was amazed that I was continuing my vacation with a broken ankle, in an air cast. My answer to them, applies here too.
We can't go back to yesterday, and re live it. There is nothing in the contract about tomorrow. All we have is now, and the quality of life depends on what we do with now.
I will pray for your model-building-todays, to go on for as long as possible, and that those around you help to make all those todays full of the joy of living. Keep "training" for as long as you can, and keep in mind that what you've done has been, and will continue to be, greatly appreciated here.
Pete

Arlaghan

Hang in there buddy!

I take it this is something that can't be fixed with corrective surgery or something? :( I'm not sure what I can say except that I wish you the best! Keep the trains rolling! :D

RailRon

Why is it so, that always the nice people are hit by bad luck, while the big crooks are healthy, safe and sound all the way?

Charlie, you gave and give us so much, when you share your pics and tricks of your fine modeling. So the least we can do for you is to give you as much mental support as possible.

I really hope that there is a way to at least slow down the progress of your disease. And I also hope that you will be able to go on modeling for a long time. Most probably there will be some reorganization in your life, and for this I wish you all the needed strength, mental power and optimism to make the best out of it.

My thoughts are with you, my friend. Best of luck for you!

Ron

marty w.

Charlie,
Sorry to hear of your eye problems, but happy to hear of your positive outlook.
Our prayers are with you.
Marty

Charlie, my friend, you will be in my thoughts and prayers, of course. But just as important as that is your positive attitude. That, as much as anything, will help you get through this challenge.

I know that as an excellent model builder you won't be sitting still too long. And that On30 stuff looks really good..... ;)

BTW: Just a couple of days ago, I decided to name one of my "Challenge" freight houses the Drewsville and Raylesburg Freight Transfer Co. Wadda ya think? :D :)

Oh... I'm now in my 5th year of retirement. I can't figure out why I didn't do it about 30 years earlier. I love it!;) :D

jawatkins

I am truly sorry to hear about your condition. I would never have guessed from looking at the work that you do that you were suffering with losing your sight. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

C

Catt

Charlie its ovious from these posts that you are not lacking friends here at the Gauge.I just wanted to tell you that I am definately part of that In Crowd.:D

I confess that I'm not really much on prayer but you will definately be in my thoughts.

Any time you need a shoulder to lean on feel free to contact me.

Drew1125

Originally posted by Peirce
....it helps to have a group such as this behind you....
AMEN!!
Gosh, folks...thanks so much for all the good wishes, encouragement, sympathy, empathy, & comraderie!
I'm really quite moved by this outporing! :)
I'm doing OK...it's just that every time I go to the doctor, which I did a couplr of days ago, the news is never that great, & I just get kind of bummed about it, & then after a few days, I'll start to feel better about things!
I have a wonderful wife, & 4 great kids (& one grandson!) & they remain, as always, my main reason for getting up in the morning!
And then there are all the wonderful friends I've made here at The Gauge! It's iromic really, that I I joined this forum only months after finding out there was a problem with my eyesight, & I've really enjoyed the hobby much more in that period of time than I did in the years previous to being a member here!
Thanks to all of you for being great friends, & adding a whole new aspect to this great hobby!
Now, you've gotten me fired back up to get back down there & do some more piddling...er.. I mean modeling! :D
I'm still trying to throw something together for Val's NTrak project...& then there the 1.5 million other projects I'm wanting to get into...:rolleyes: ;) :D
(and that On30 DOES look cool don't ti?) :D

Lighthorseman

Add me and mine to the long list of well-wishers, my friend. Your pictures are always a treat, even more impressive that you've done it with impeded eyesight.

Stay positive, and don't let the turkeys get ya down! :)

jmarksbery

Hang in there Friend

Drew, I know just what you mean but you must hang in. I got so many glasses and magnifiers laying around I often break them from sitting on them. My doctors also want me to retire but I can't as I have nothing to retire to. In my days around here you were lucky to get paid let alone a retirement plan and I can't meet my obligations on SS. I am a diabetic, had by-pass surgery a year ago, have crippled up hips (the ritus boys author) that they won't do nothing for. Geeze it hurts to get old. The part that hurts me most I have missed 2 train shows last weekend and this weekend because I can't stand or walk to long. But you just got to hang in there and some times a little chat with God can't do any harm. My prayers are with you My Friend and you are not alone in this, we are all with you.:) :) :)

Flangehead

I hope for the best possible outcome for you. I'm sure your friends will rally for you and be your eyes when yours are weak.

Charlie, I'm not very good giving support words in my native language, so I'm feel a bit helpless doing that in english. But be assured that my feelings are with you and I have not a doubt that you will do OK with this twist of the life that you face now.

In Spain we have a saying: “Mientras hay vida, hay esperanza” («As long there is life, there is hope also», or something like that). You are having a hard time, but the life still have lots of enjoy for spirited people like you. You have a lot of good projects, and that is the way to go. :)