Been a while but......

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
It has been a while since I have posted but I have some good news.

I have Managed to scrounge up enough to get two loops of Bachmann EZ Track one in Nickle Silver and one in steel.

I have also successfully converted or traded all my rolling stock to Athearn, Bachmann SS and P2K with metal wheelas and Kadee #5's. (just put the last kadee in this morning in fact)

Things are running much smoother now than they used to.

Those metal wheels and couplers are a dream. I made sure to guage all the couplers with the Kadee hieght guage and they are all spot on now.

I just need to get a bunch of Kadee # 500 trucks now adn I will be all set with my modest 10 car train.

I have also managed to convince my mother who is sharing this hobby with me to convert to Knuckle couplers. She has been using my hand me down Bachmann couplers as I convert to save money.

We also picked up a small N Scale set in pieces (no toy train set for us nope) just to give it a shot. She was thinking of a coffee table layout for fun so I bought one.

All goes well here and with any luck the plywood fairy will be kind to use soon and we can begin our 4x8 dual loop layout soon.