Been a while but......

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Chessie1973, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

It has been a while since I have posted but I have some good news.

I have Managed to scrounge up enough to get two loops of Bachmann EZ Track one in Nickle Silver and one in steel.

I have also successfully converted or traded all my rolling stock to Athearn, Bachmann SS and P2K with metal wheelas and Kadee #5's. (just put the last kadee in this morning in fact)

Things are running much smoother now than they used to.

Those metal wheels and couplers are a dream. I made sure to guage all the couplers with the Kadee hieght guage and they are all spot on now.

I just need to get a bunch of Kadee # 500 trucks now adn I will be all set with my modest 10 car train.

I have also managed to convince my mother who is sharing this hobby with me to convert to Knuckle couplers. She has been using my hand me down Bachmann couplers as I convert to save money.

We also picked up a small N Scale set in pieces (no toy train set for us nope) just to give it a shot. She was thinking of a coffee table layout for fun so I bought one.

All goes well here and with any luck the plywood fairy will be kind to use soon and we can begin our 4x8 dual loop layout soon.
  2. interurban

interurban Active Member

3. interurban

interurban Active Member

Welcome Back Chassie1973,, You have been a busy bee.:D
  4. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

I will get some pics posted soon hopefully of all my new rolling stock and loco's

Right now things are in a holding pattern until we can get the plywood for the layout.