Beechcraft Starship

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by marian, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I juts got it today!!!

just hope I can build it right... (well too badfor those who can't understand German... like me...)

anyone willing to do a WIP build thread?

And I forgot...

Very much thanks sir Marian!!! This is one masterpiece!!! :-D
  2. sakrison

sakrison Member

I will second that!

Marion, thank you for a wonderful kit. I can hardly wait to get started on it!

There are some great general aviation aircraft out there that would make excellent subjects. King Air and Queen Air come to mind. So do the Beech 18 and the Cessna Skymaster and Cessna 195. How about a Shorts Skyvan or 330, or a Boeing B40 Mail Plane? A Pan Am Clipper, Lockheed Vega, DeHav. Beaver on floats and Otter on skis? Vickers Viking or a CL215 in Fire Service colors? An Embraer Emb 110.

Most of these would be manageable in 1:33. Designers, take note of the excitement this Starship has created. Instead of another Me109, consider some of the fascinating and neglected GA subjects.

The Starship may be the queen of them all. What a gift!

No worries,
  3. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Fiddlersgreen has a model of the Boeing B40 Mail Plane in progress. The same guy who designed the Stearman is working on it. I've seen pictures and even in the rough format it's a beaut.
  4. Hans Christian

Lets cross our fingers and hope for another general aviation plane to come up next!!! :-D
  5. Hans Christian

Oh my... why didn't I noticed it earlier...

sir Marian's model represent's N514RS - the actual Starship that was used as a chase plane during the Tier One space Program!!!

and from what we know, there's a free Alphajet from ojimak and a free extra 300 in the net!!!

(sweet!!! I can now build a vignette for a scene during the tire one program!!! :-D )
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Thanks for the amazing model! Is it possible to request the written instructions page in a text format so that it could be translated to English?
  7. Hans Christian

Sir Marian...

would it be possible that your'e gonna follow this up with the plane that the starship was intended to replace? The King Air I mean...

(crossed fingers, hoping its the King Air 350 :-D )
  8. Hans Christian

I'd be happy to provide pics and a 3 view diagram ;)

and I remembered that I also have a cabin layout... (my dad gave me his copy of the 350's Pilot's Operating Handbook and Flight Manual) ;)
  9. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Re: A Beaver on floats.

Design Group Alpha has a 1/48 Beaver just about ready for release.
  10. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Marian was kind enough to provide me with the .doc version of the instructions and the Starship history page. I've completed translating them with the help of Google and Babelfish. I don't understand German, so it took a bit longer than expected. Hopefully the translation will be understandable to builders such as myself who only speak English.

Marian also has graciously offered to include the English instructions with the kit and it should be available very soon, so there is no need to place them in the Parts Bin. Thanks Marian!

11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that's really great Bob! Thanks for your efforts, they are most definitely appreciated!

12. marian

marian New Member

Thanks to work by Robert Delpizzo, member of this forum, v1.1 of the
    Beechcraft Starship is now available.

It includes a few small fixes and (Ta-Daa!) english instructions.

Ciao, MM
  13. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Thanks for adding the English instructions. I'm sure I've made a few mistakes, but I hops most builders will be able to muddle through them.

14. Hans Christian

sir, did you receive my e-mail? (
  15. jhawks

jhawks New Member

You have done an outstanding job on the StarShip !! I am a new member here and I am learning how to use this. May I ask how I get the english version of the instructions. Continue the good work.
  16. Hans Christian

The english instructions are included in the file :-D
  17. WOW! After reading over the insturcitons this is a very detailed model. I can't immaginge why anyone would noth want to excercise all the options. I am definitely putting this on my to do list. thanks a bunch :)
  18. drwrist

drwrist New Member

Oh, crud! Another beautiful looking model to add to the ever-growing list of projects to do if I ever actually start doing them. And, of course, after I gain some skill.
  19. Romanator

Romanator Member

The Starship looks impressive, and I cant wait to get started on it!:thumb:

I noticed in the kartonbau forums someone mentioned that bizzare Boomerang.
    Is that also going to be available? If so it too would be nice.
  20. DHL

DHL Member

nice model:thumb:!