Because Ralph and Val said so

Tyson Rayles

When posting a thread in the n scale forum on work in the town I'm currently working on Ralph said it needed a water tower and Val seconded the motion. The truth is I had played around with the idea then forgot about it. Thanks folks for the reminder! :D The tank is the top off of a hair spray can, sheet plastic was used for the base, some cheap Model Power fencing with the gingerbread cut off the top was used for the railing. Ladders were scrounged from the junk pile as was 2 different sizes of plasta-struc H-beams. A hatch on the roof also came from the junk pile as well as the tube housing the piping.

Attachments

• tank top 1.jpg
    tank top 1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 238

jon-monon

Fantastic! Hey get that darned LPKid off the ladder before he falls and your in for a big legal battle with his parents, and lawyers, and political troubles, and...:D :D :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Hey Jon, don't get carried away, the kid has a can of spray paint in his hand, the cap of which would make a great Z scale water tower! :D :D :D :D
Tyson, Good lookin' water tower! That junk pile has to be getting smaller!;) ;)
Pete

Tyson Rayles

Thanks folks! The tower does stand straight, honest! Can't believe I didn't notice how tilted the tripod was till now (least that's my story & I'm sticking to it!). Now I got to plant the thing on the layout.

spitfire

Tyson, that looks fantastic! I am honoured to have has some small part in it's creation...very small.

cheers
:D Val

Great tank Tyson. Don't really know why, but scratching and bashing using odd stuff (for instance the spray can top) always appeals to me. Maybe has something to do with having been a "depression baby."
BillS

Drew1125

Fantastic!!

Alright!
It's so nice to see another one of Tyson's creations going up ion the Nantahala Midland!
Very nice work, my friend!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Tyson, that's terrific! Great use for the hair spray can top!! Looking forward to seeing the water tower included in the Main St. scene! Nicely done! As for LPP vandals...it wouldn't be unheard of to see "Class of____" scribbled on one side! :)
Ralph

Tyson Rayles

Thanks folks! Dick around here the pump houses are wayyyyy down the mountain, the water is backpumped up to the tank. Ralph hope to have it "planted" on the layout soon. Bill I agree with you and the $$$$$ savings are a nice side effect also! :D

Drew1125

Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
....around here the pump houses are wayyyyy down the mountain.....

Tyson,
That reminded me of a funny little anecdote I heard one time when we were looking at some houses up on Greenbriar Ridge, which is over on the TN side of the hill from you...between Cosby & Gatlinburg...
We had to negotiate this INCREDIBLE one-lane road, with all these switch-back turns, going up the mtn...
When I mentioned to the guy who was taking us up there that I would hate to get my wheel off the road, because I would probably never get back again, he told me,
"Yeah, it's about a 1 1/2 hr walk back down...or about a 20 min. bear-chase."

:D :D :D :D

Drew1125

Originally posted by Gary Pfeil
What, and you didn't buy that house?

Nope...rented it though...& I'm goin' back again this July. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world!