Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by slydog, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slydog

slydog New Member

Does anyone know where I can find a nice free model of a Dehaviland Beaver?
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Check out Dewayne's at

Here is the direct link

Sorry it's not Free but it is very reasonable and makes a darn good model too!

3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold slydog. GOtta be one out there somewhere - maybe not as nice but free. Will do some searching!
  4. I need a Pin up girl. . .

I would love free beaver...pun intended, I would even pay for one...:thumb:
    Dewayne's site has a nice one, but before I buy and build that one, I have a few other models to finish. . .
  5. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

how to get a little beaver

We (DGA) are all hoping and praying for DeWayne so that he can host all of the other DHC-2 Beaver versions that are ready to be published...

We have almost 30 different paint schemes for the Beaver now and more are planned. Slydog and alaimo, Is there a particular paint scheme that would appeal to you? We might already have one ;)

I have been trying to attach a pic of the latest paint scheme (Kenmore Air) to this post, but I have not been able to figure it out yet.

-Jim G
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Attachments are busted. Kaput, gone, hasta la vista (for now)

If you want to email it to me at I can throw it on my website and post it here.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Here ya go!

Looks really nice!
  8. Rev

Rev Member

senior moment

another member writes

"I would love free beaver...pun intended, I would even pay for one...
    Dewayne's site has a nice one, but before I buy and build that one, I have a few other models to finish. . ."

A pun is a play on words not a slightly off-color saying.

Watch "Rides" and listen to Chip Foose, the guy is a walking pun factory.

9. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Fiddlers Green also has the Beaver. Sorry, but it's not free either.
  10. slydog

slydog New Member

Thanks to all for the response about the DeHaviland.
  11. I need a Pin up girl. . .

And I thought I was a punny guy, thanks rev,
    This was found however on dictionary .com
    pun [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] /pʌn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[puhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, punned, pun·ning.
    –noun 1.the humorous use of a word or phrase so as to emphasize or suggest its different meanings or applications, or the use of words that are alike or nearly alike in sound but different in meaning; a play on words.
    so, I still believe that wanting free beaver constitutes a pun...
  12. I need a Pin up girl. . .

Jim G,
    any color beaver works for me, I love em all...
  13. I need a Pin up girl. . .

I just tried to add to my thread for the remote control build but no go, above you say that attachments are kaput, are we to email you the pics or just wait till its fixed, or it won't be fixed? I do have new pix on the continuation of the project, I am ready to start adding radio gear and hopefully in the next week or do actually do a flight test. Additionally I have info that anyone building a sero may be interested in.. . But, I am patient. Please advise. duplicate copy to be sent via email. . .
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

hopefully fixed soon..... you can put them in the gallery and link from there as well :)
  15. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

In that case I would recommend the version that DeWayne is carrying. The DGA versions are done to accurate 1:48th scale and this version is in the classic original paint scheme.
    See the links for DeWayne's site that John posted above. DeWayne's daughter is handling orders for him.
    -Jim G
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.