Bear River Mercantile

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Tyson that picutre I posted showing you a sample of the window cement was of a structure I scratch built from misc. DPM parts and stuff in my junk drawer. It is on my porch layout and that is on standby until I complete my modules for the Valley N-Trak club I recently joined. It was made to unload and store material from small packet boats working the Bear River. Needs much more scenery, boxes, barrells, pallets and what not.

Attachments

• mvc-017s.jpg
    mvc-017s.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 202

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Bill,

As a modeller in Britain modelling the USA scene, you have no idea just how much I appreciate you and the others posting pics in here. Information is thin on the ground over here and I keep looking at the colours and names and general style of things in your pics. I'm totally freelance in my ideas and maybe that is a hindrance as I want to model everything.

You've made a great job of that waterfront scene and I can imagine all the detail you will be puting into it eventually. Will it have sunken tracks alongside the warf, or was it just a space filler to add more interest? Either way, it's coming along very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

Errol

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Bill,
Thats a dinky little structure that fish & bait, looks like it really belongs right there.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
BillP,
That is some excellent kitbashing! :cool:
But the thing that makes it a standout is the beautiful way you've presented the structures...
Are my old, feeble eyes fooling me, or is that figure in the 1st shot casting a reflection on the wet pavement?
If so, that's a real touch of magic!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the complements, I do enjoy designing and scratchbuilding structures. There is so wide a selection of material out there and at a reasonable cost. I am not too sure of what you see as water in either picture. The first picture, mercantile warehouse, the structure is not yet anchored on the layout and I have not completed painting the surrounding area. You may be referring to the clear plastic base on the figure in the second picture. I glue plastic bases on figures that I do not permanently anchor. Using a hole punch, I punch out circles from the thin window material that come with the DPM kits. Although they can be seen close up they do make a good base to stand the figures.