Beach Railroad, ver. 2.0

Papa Bear

David and b28,

I didn't see your posts before I left. Yes, me an' "Mama Bear" went to the show on Saturday. It was great to meet everybody. We got some ideas and some more "stuff" for the railroad.

We're planning to go to Dothan next Saturday, the 18th, weather permitting. Hope y'all can make it!

PB

b28_82

Hey Papa Bear,
I'll see ya at Dothan, weather permitting, but i'll be running with the n-scale counterparts along with my wye module :D. I think i'm going to take the vender tag we had and make a Gauge badge to go in it. Hope there's more deals in Dothan. Hope to see ya there too.
Jake

Papa Bear

When the Cat's Not Away...

I added a removable cover to the layout to keep the dust and cats off.

Attachments

• MVC-001F-2.jpg
    MVC-001F-2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 29

extra7000south

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Looks like the cat wants to play too.....
biggrin.gif

Very nice job on the layout.

Delamaize

hey papa bear, so where abouts in south alabama are you anyways, I could use some pointers with my small layout.

Papa Bear

Thanks, Glenn. That's Triscuit and she does indeed want to play, but she plays a little rough for the N-scale LPB's. :eek:

Delamaize, I'm in Troy. Send me a private message if you'd like to get together sometime. Be happy to help.

glenn railey

I am originally from Panama City and grew up there. The pictures looks an awful lot like St. Andrews State Park off thomas drive in PC. As a couple of you guys stated it could be anywhere along the Gulf Coast from Tallahassee to Pensacola.
It looks good. Sometimes the simplest looks better and is more functional. I like to put more time and effort into my into my scenery than into a complicated track layout.
Good Job.

:)

Papa Bear

Mullet Point Lighthouse

I found this lighthouse at Dollar Tree and thought it would make a nice addition to the layout. I set it down here while debating on its permanent location.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 26

Papa Bear

glenn said:
The pictures looks an awful lot like St. Andrews State Park off thomas drive in PC.
That's one of my favorite State Parks. I grew up around Freeport and got to visit St.Andrews, Grayton Beach and Navarre frequently. St Andrews also inspired the jetties next to the bridge.

glenn said:
Sometimes the simplest looks better and is more functional. I like to put more time and effort into my into my scenery than into a complicated track layout.
Me too. I started out trying to build larger layouts with lots of track, but have found that I've enjoyed this one more than I have any of the others.

Thanks for your comments. :)

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Neat lighthouse John. Looks good in that location. Looks like it was there long before the railroad came through.

Lighthorseman

Will_annand said:
...Does Triscuit help with the yard switching?

"Hmmmm, let's see. This one <Pap!> goes on the floor. That one <whack!> goes on the floor, too. This one <Poke!> goes on the floor as well..." etc., etc., etc. :)

Will_annand

Lighthorseman said:
"Hmmmm, let's see. This one <Pap!> goes on the floor. That one <whack!> goes on the floor, too. This one <Poke!> goes on the floor as well..." etc., etc., etc. :)

That's what I like a cat that believes in "four on the floor". :D

Of course, I thought that was an "automobile" term? :confused:

Papa Bear

Thanks, Will and Steve. Triscuit always tries to "help" any way she can. Usually that ends with me needing to repair something. :rolleyes: Our older cat, Triny used to like to take the palm trees off of the original beach railroad. We would find them scattered all over the house.

I wish our cats did believe in "four on the floor" (that's four feet on the floor instead of on tables, layouts, etc.). There's less wear and tear that way.