Beach anyone?

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Woodie, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Might have to wait a while for that swim though. The tide is out!! :cool:

Attached Files:

2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Well, actually the tide is out cause I ain't put any water in it yet. I'm not sure if I will now. It seems to have got quite a good "The tide is out" look about it. Just maybe get a dingy or small rowboats etc and lay them on their side as if in the mudfalts. What do you guys reckon? Put some water down, or not? :confused:

Attached Files:

4. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

hmmmm.... that guy in the Porche is back again!! He must like fishing from the rocks of the railway embankment. Perhaps he's there early to get the sandworms. :thumb:

Attached Files:

5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

I vote to add the water. Looking good either way Woody! :D
  6. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

I like the idea of low tide. Nice scene Woodie.

7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great scene Woodie. The rock work is excellent. Now if you could only have movable water so you could have high and low tides.
  8. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Hmmmm. Tide In, Or Out?

That's some nice work, Woodie! :thumb: Maybe Jim Marksberry will add water to your picture for you...Then you could have both. Well, photo-wise, though. :rolleyes:
  9. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Lookin' good, Woodie! If you want to leave the water out, you might consider a debris line at the high water mark. Also, there could be some clam diggers on the flats.

Just an ideer!

10. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Great rock work there Woodie. I would go with the water.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  11. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Hi Woodie. I like it without the water. although today, as I look out the window at our first snow falling, ice would seem to be more appropriate.

I think if you decide to add the water you might want to think about adding some sand as well!!??

12. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Looks good in low tide. Perhaps you could add a starnded boat laying around there.
  13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Standing around waiting for the tide to come back in so i can jump in for a swim LOL. :D :D

Looks Great Woodie :thumb: :thumb:
  14. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Thanks guys. :)

I'm gunna leave it for a while, I think. Finish it off of course (the embankment etc) before thinking of what I'm going to do about the water.

The "mud flats" bit is actually my local soil. Just scooped up some of it from around ant's nests (cause they've already sorted the finer grains out for me) then put it through a tea strainer, then spinkle it on. :) (a layer of white wood glue, of course).

The beach area is sloped by about 3/4 inch, again using the ant soil, and then wet down, and dribbled with 50/50 water/glue to get it to set. So if I do put water down, an area of beach will still be exposed.

The "sand" on the beach is actually mosquito coil ash. You know those "green" coil things you burn (smoulder) to fend off the mozzies and bugs? They're green to start with, but the ash is a very very fine sandy coloured powder (like talcum powder). Dusted that on, and I get the sandy bit of beach area. :)

The rock embankment is 4 Chinese takeaway containers of gravel scooped up from the roadworks where they are re-laying the footpath in town. Put through a course seive to remove the smaller bits and then laid like track ballast. (wet down, then dribble with 50/50 water/glue). :cool:
  15. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Looks great, Woodie!
  16. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Great looking scenary Woodie! I really like the weeds and scrub bush. I vote for water.
  17. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Ask and ye shall receive. I added the backdrop just to give the water effect more depth, hope ya don't mind. But, here is your water. Oh, your scene looks great. :thumb: :thumb: Jim

18. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

So the tide is coming in is it? Nice effect Jim
  19. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

That is fabby, Jim. **standing ovation icon** :thumb: :cool: :D

taa muchly. :)
  20. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

That's nice work woodie!