Bc 304 usaf daedalus

Z

Zathros

Very cool! This is really coming together. A Daedulus cruising around, Stargate lives!!

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
missile control
I now learned that missile control is apparently the bridge so I just want to know what the tower on the uper deeck is?

Now engine update. Redesigned about 60% of it and got this
engine5.jpg

engine6.jpg

engine8.jpg

engine7.jpg

Little more to add for the plating supports but I'm pretty happy with this. So basically 4 engines down 6 more (three more engine designs)to go.
These are the mid size ones and they are just shy of 5 1/4 inches.

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
engines behind the hanger are done minus texture
decided to go with scaled versions of the same design the 2 main ones are going to be a fully new design
finishedenginesLB1.jpg

finishedenginesLB2.jpg

trek22

Oct 20, 2007
This is going to be one fantastic model when you build it. The amount of detail looks absolutely amazing.

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
Well the super structure is done next ill begine the textures, detailing, recesses and gribles.... Good lord what have I started.
daedalussuperstructure2.jpg

daedalussuperstructure1.jpg

Z

Zathros

This is coming along very nicely. I think you will end up with a very fine model indeed! :)

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
This is coming along very nicely. I think you will end up with a very fine model indeed! :)

I sure hope so. texturing is going to be my biggest challenge. I'm more or less a through some paint on it kinda guy but I want this to really shine. So I'm all in even if that means learning yet another new program.wall1

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
I've decided that as I'm working on the finer points nows a good time to do a beta build on the main body to see how she holds up. I have some concerns about the hanger bays, they may need some reinforcing. So look for some build pics over the next few weeks.

Z

Zathros

I would not use tabs that are part of the pieces themselves. You would be better served with long "L" shaped tabs that are glued on. This will allow the builder to allow for paper thickness. If this is what you mean, sorry, I got ahead of myself! :)

Z

Zathros

The serious ones will thank you for keeping them out, as long as you show where they go!!! Really. Most people cut them off. You would be saving an extra step! I have actually been watching the old Stargate Episodes lately because of this model build!! :)

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
The serious ones will thank you for keeping them out, as long as you show where they go!!! Really. Most people cut them off. You would be saving an extra step! I have actually been watching the old Stargate Episodes lately because of this model build!! :)

Ok you win, if anyone wants tabs just trim out a little extra.

I too have been watching when I have the time and I must say I have a few ideas I'm tossing around. Midway, Destiny and an Atlantis tower in scale with the
Daedalus sounds mighty nice to me. A 1/24ish 302 doesn't sound to shabby nether. ok maybe not a scaled tower it would probably stand 6'.

Speeking of ideas. Does it sound crazy to encourage people to go with their choice of gray-scale card stock. Shading and shapes I can do but as I'm working my way around the nose Im just picturing changing the cartridge once every section. This way it can be printed at home tho I may make a few sheets that would require a run to print shop (can't seem to find my 4 foot sheets of card)
As always all comments are welcome.

Z

Zathros

I don't think so. You could offer it both ways. A file won't use any ink. The line only version would offer a good option as ink can get expensive! :)

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
Oct 28, 2007
CT
Ok I'm back. Renovating my house has forced me to "temporarily" relocate my computer to a part of the house with no internets so update photos are going to be spastic at best.
So a gribbling I have gone...
gribles1.jpg

gribles2.jpg

gribles3.jpg

More soon