Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by OylPslyk, Dec 14, 2007.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I woulda been fired long ago....

I've been averaging starting 6 projects to eventually finish 1............
    (I'm workin on that though!!!!) :mrgreen:
  2. OylPslyk

ok got some new stuff to show, well not really new - but different :)

reworked a few things, and also still fighting the learning curve. but hopefully I'm closer to the top of the hill now!

In the first version all the surfaces were just planes, basically a big shell. many of them not even meeting correctly. but I'm able to avoid that better now - also its mostly a solid object now

i also re-worked the louvers on the wings

i've been having trouble with getting the thing to export in the first place. (at least the way I think it should) for example here's a look at the wireframe, then what it looks like when I open the exported file
    it just goes all to crap, and I cant figure it out!!!! if anyone can help plz let me know!

here's how it looked in pep

the new solid version works a little better but not much. here's how it looks in pepakura

more to come later
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Great job, glad to see you pluggin away at this. Don't fret the learning curve, it happens to everyone in virtually every field. I'm sure you'll figure it out and make a great model in the process.

wish I could help, but you know of my knowledge of 3d. It's non-existent.

4. OylPslyk

well, its nearly finished!
    I hope to start a test build by next weekend!

i've been re-working a lot of it for better parting, here's a bit of it.
    I still haven't finished the inside of the cockpit yet, Ill probably start the build without it though, and drop it in later.

5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Not sure how I managed to miss this design... but holy, some great work in AutoCAD!! This one looks very nice!
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow, you've really put a lot of work into this. Why do the wings need detached and can you show where the detachment points are? I'll help in any way I can.

7. chrisco17

chrisco17 New Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I found it while doing research on my Lightwave 3d model of the Batwing I'm working on. I must say, OylPslyk, that you are doing a fantastic job on this :thumb:. I was just wondering how this project was going.
  8. OylPslyk

hello all!

sorry about the lack of progress of the last few weeks, I have had little to none pc time lately... :cry:

starting next week though I should be back to normal and back at the desk regularly again! I had a lot of stuff ready to post with changes and what not before everything went crazy around here, so i'll start posting the newest stuff over the weekend.

also to Chrisco, welcome - and feel free to add pics of your model as well! :mrgreen:

till then!
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

No worries, life happens, just glad everything is OK.
  10. chrisco17

chrisco17 New Member

Thank you for the welcome Oyl, I look forward to trying out your Batwing. It's something I've never thought of (making a card model from a 3D object). I will be spending some time on this site checking out other models, but this one will definately be my first card model.
    As far as my Lightwave Batwing goes, I am nearly done with the left wing, as soon as I complete it, I will post the render of it.
  11. OylPslyk

hey guys! it took about a week longer than i planned, but i'm now back at the 'ol desk, (with my ankle firmly shackled to the leg this time) :mrgreen:

i'll start to post the updates soon, i need to "find my place" in the thing first! lol
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

WHoo Hoo! Can't wait, but take your time and get back in the groove man.:thumb:
  13. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

This is a work of art!!, I wish I had your skills :)

Can't wait to see more.
  14. clif52

clif52 Banned

Whats the word on the Batwing? Ready anytime soon?

Whats the word on the Batwing? Ready anytime soon? Anything to build Batman is always good. My collection could use a 3 foot wide Batwing to hang in my art studio or my office at work. I'd even go for an animated Batwing. The project really does look good. Am I pushing hard enough for an answer. Just Kidding! It really does look like a great model.
  15. widget

widget Member

Anyone heard from OylPslyk lately? He seems to have dropped off the map.
  16. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I have read the post on this and it is an awsome design I hope he has not giving up on the project.... it is pretty cool