Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by OylPslyk, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Oh my god!! That is fast! What have you been eating?? :)
  2. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Not only can it fly, but look how manuverable it is, and it's damn near VTOL, I never would have guessed.
  3. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

so far there arent any small parts, so scaling down shouldnt be a problem, It is a good idea though! :thumb:

I'm not sure what scale they are planning their 'mobiles to be, I guess we autta get together on it! lol
  4. jxn1138

jxn1138 Member

Hey, I've seen other kits of yours, I've all the faith in the world in you. I just can't waut to build the Batwing!:thumb:
  5. OylPslyk

Hey, watch it there buddy - you tryin to make all my hats not fit? sign1

seriously tho, thx for the compliment! I'll do my best not to let ya down!
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Lookin great so far Oyl. I don't know who works faster you, or Skip???
  7. OylPslyk

I dont know, I think Skip's been knockin em out faster'n me...
    This one just seem to be "fallin into place" :cool:
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Well, you guys impress the heck out of me.:thumb:
  9. Master-Bruce

Thanks Joe,

Though I never intend to go as fast as I can. I kinda have obsessive tendancies, when I start a new one I'm usually excited about the subject matter and have it stuck at the front of my brain. So I usually spend every free minute on it until it's done.

I have a lot of free time usually so it doesn't take too long to finish a model.
  10. cjd

cjd Member

Oylpslyk, do you still want photo's etc - I've just scanned the instructions for the AMT kit, and some of the parts

11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Yeah, I did that with the Enterprise. Worked until I dropped a couple of times. You and Oyl and Ron, just really impress me.

I've really got to learn to do this. I've been meaning to get back into CAD for awhile and I've wanted to do the CG thing for some time, I just can't sit still that long.

How's that Batwing coming? Sorry to highjack the thread.
  12. OylPslyk

sure! you can never really get too many ref-pics! :mrgreen::thumb:
  13. OylPslyk

I've got a late start this mornin, so I'm just now gettin back into it, There isnt a whole lot changed since the last pic, I did finish a few more parts for the wing - but mostly been working on the flight-couch...!
    I autta have that unfolded today, there's a ton of close-ups of him switchin tobbles an junk, so I'm really gonna try to do good detail on the images!
  14. Master-Bruce

Very good Oyl. Take your time buddy, you must be getting busy with Crimbo too eh?
  15. OylPslyk

not so much this year... (the house is all tore up from doin the floors, (last of its laid down and sanded, but not yet painted... and stuff's still stashed in every corner available from paintin the walls too!) lol not to mention tools stacked everywhere! so it's a "minimal holiday" this year :mrgreen:

I've re-done some of the wing parts this mornin, still no start on the fuselage yet, but a lil work done on the cockpit.
    here's the part-separation layout, just a top view, not actualy flat parts here (although some are by default :cool:)

There's 6 to 7 pages worth of parts here alone, and thats just for the Stbd. wing.
  16. Master-Bruce

Looks good to me buddy.

Sounds like a chaotic Crimbo to me. I'm having two new beds delivered tomorrow along with bedroom furniture for my kids and me. I have two days to get it all together before I have to go to the city to do all my gift shopping!

Will I ever learn??
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

w00t! Sounds great! I got your bridge printed up and will start a thread on it tomorrow.

I also had the Science station of Ron's Hako printed up, I'll be working on that as well.

I'm trying gear myself up for Skip's Sulaco!:mrgreen:
  18. OylPslyk

ok, I'm pullin out all the stops!!! :cool::cool::cool:

I'm usin all my best tricks on this one! even goin back to my R/C days...

finished parting the elevators, :)eek:they workZ:eek:)
    I'm not plannin on detailing how to add servo's that would be overkill, but i am plannin on hidin sliders in the fuselage for moving all of them.

Here's a couple cross-sections

I may even do an opening canopy, It depends - I'm gonna do a couple tests of it with the mylar to see if its too much trouble.
  19. OylPslyk

put a looong day in on this, and have nearly finished the wings, only about a dozen pieces left!

the part count is already over 90 though, over 8 pages - and thats just for 1 wing! although that does include does include the core parts as well.

20. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

90 parts per wing!?! jawdrop I guess that's bound to happen once you're designing in a larger scale...

Thanks for thinking about an RC conversion ahead of time, as this baby (hopefully) was meant to fly!

Excellent work so far OylPslyk!

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models