Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by OylPslyk, Dec 14, 2007.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

He stole my baloons!!! - Why didn't someone tell me he had one of those,,, THINGS!!! :cool:

lol, and so it begins!

This one wont be as much of a challenge as I originally feared, I always though it had many more complex curves.
    it turns out that most of it is flat surfaces, the only real complex curves are on the "ears" and the cocpit glass.
    the rest is all flat bends and cones!
  2. OylPslyk

finished the 5 view, its not accurate - just a simple trace of the schematics.

tomorrow I'll get into actually figuring out what all of the lines are start hammering out a design. (some of the side and bottom are still kinda confusing me.

I am going to do the cockpit too, it gets plenty of screen-time so I sould be able to make a pretty decent job on it!

3. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Looks pretty darn good so far!
  4. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Thanks so much for designing it OylPslyk!:thumb:

I wonder if there's a way to make it fly RC? Hmmmmm......:twisted:

Ping-Pong Ball Cannon and N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
  5. OylPslyk

well, someone tried! I dont remember what site, but I found these while reaserching it

6. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Complex or not, that will be a very nice model. I look forward to seeing more. :)
  7. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

8. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Great stuff Oyl!! Lookin forward to seeing this one come to life.

I'd like the 23" wing span, which one are you going for?

Paperbeam, great video!! That thing even seemed to hover.
  9. OylPslyk

this one's goin pretty fast!, finished with the core design, and ready to start simplifyin it for paper! :mrgreen:

I think I'm going to work "inside out" and start with the cockpit
  10. Master-Bruce

Smashin' work Oyl. Looking forward to seeing the cockpit, this is going to be great! :)
  11. OylPslyk

lol, ask and you shall recieve... :mrgreen:

12. Master-Bruce

Awesome! How big i this going to be again?
  13. OylPslyk

23" wingspan! :mrgreen:
  14. Master-Bruce

Thought so. Awesome!!
  15. OylPslyk

ok, just thought I'd show what the overall design's goin thru at the moment before I start workin on it again :mrgreen:

again here is the first pass (basically just tracing the individual views)

and here is the 2nd version - after complete redraw with an eye on dimensions, matching views etc.

and already I've made a few changes to simplify, but also something I think should be done for realism... (this is one of the reason I was looking for more looks at the ass-end)
    here is how the model looks - Pay attention to the engine exhaust vents

there is "wing" connecting thru the middle of the vents, this is one of the things that I think shouldn't actually be there.
    I IS shown on the up/down views on the plans, but not represented well on the rear view.

so here is my version with this portion removed (this will also make paper-parts both easier to design and build...

also I was more that a little mystified by the fact that there were only 4 vents on the lower side, and 5 on top. took me a little while to sort that out! lol hamrwall1hamr

and finally a few notes on some changes I will probably be making in the future!

1. I have already increased wing thickness slightly, right now its only 7.5mm thick. - This may need to be bumped up even more (Its gonna be a lot of weight to hold up with such thin and narrow root!)
    2. well I had 2 or 3 things on my mind, but cant remember any more right now! lolol

Oh well, thats it for now! (I'm startin to ramble anyway!:mrgreen:)

any thoughts on the wing removal from the engines anyone?
  16. OylPslyk

BTW, I almost forgot!!!

I just wanted to say Thanks again to all who have shared all the great photos to help get this rolling! Couldn't a done it without ya!
  17. Master-Bruce

These look great.

I see what you mean about the 4/5 exhaust thing. Does seem a bit odd that.

Maybe the wings will need an internal support? Even if it's just laminated card so that the wings aren't hollow? I'm sure you'll overcome it.

Do you have the plastic kit? Or is that an internet find?
  18. OylPslyk

thats the 1/25 amt kit, one of the pics the guys at RI sent me

and I was thinking since they're so thin using a "waffle'ing" or accordion type internal for the wings... kinda like the inner layer of cardboard??
  19. OylPslyk

also, when I said this puppy's goin fast, its goin reaaly fast!

here's the main parts for the wings! (stbd)
  20. Master-Bruce

Ah, gotcha. That's actually a good idea that.