BatWing '89 / 1:32 / Ing. Spendlik

silveroxide

Thanks for your diligent design on this subject. Cannot wait for the unfolding to commence. See you around the forums.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You are doing a really good job with frame work.
It looks like it will be a very complex, but very fun build.

Z

Zathros

Ing. [B said:
Zathros[/B] - I will write short text about rendering - it´s all about settings :)

Stay tuned for more happy days!
Ing. Spendlik

I would appreciate that. I can do this, but it is just nice to see other people's methodology. Of course Renders are pretty, and I know a guy on another forum who does fantastic Renders, but has never produced a model. But the do give a good way to look at a model. I have no pride when it comes to suggestions and would eagerly and thankfully take whatever you wish to share. You work impresses the H*ll out of me! A sample of what Rhino 5 does:

Attachments

• RB7.jpg
    RB7.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 24
  • RB13.jpg
    RB13.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 23

MilanX3

Excellet job! If I knew this hobby would be so pleasing and I would see so many awesome works, I would have joined a long, long time ago (but not in a galaxy far, far away!sign1).
Can't wait to see more!
Greetings form Brazil!

Yes, it gets alot better...especially after only six months...boa noite!

Rich

Hello to all,
Unfolding of skeleton parts has been finished. This is a job for a laser cutter!

Rebra01.png

Rebra02.png

Stay tuned :)

Ing. Spendlik

Hi guys,
this is just small update - to make you sure that I am still working on it. I have finally managed and understand how to correctly export files for laser cutter. So hopefuly it will work. I have also started to unfold the main torso and wings. More pics very soon.
Ing. Spendlik

Hi to all,
little progress on this model. I have recieved two images of laser cutted frames for this model. I am desperately waiting to have them in my hands. Just a small reminder - these sheets are A3 format, not A4 - it's gona be huuuge!!!

ExLL831rd7W45YIPq9FG.jpg

fprkMh4zVMpmHX71hMYc.jpg

Big thank to Burton from SK forum.

Ing. Spendlik

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Will this work on A-4 paper, or is it specifically designed for A-3 paper?

dnalor

Hum...
A3..it's a nice size
But...imagine...on the ceiling of your study room....a LARG batwing....mmMMmm:) (sorry i was dreaming)

It looks great..untill now!!

Have you never thought about laser-cutting the main frame from metal?
And i'm very curious on how you do the curvy hull...

Frames are made out of 1mm thick cardboard. It should be the same quality cardboard as GPM or other paper model producers use for laser cutted frames.

Rhaven - A3 format is most effective in this case with such a big wing frames. But I am thinking about some simple solution how to put all frames into A4 format size. The biggest problem - wings. Wings are bigger than A4, so it will be possible only if I cut them into two halves.

leofirebrand

This thing will be impressive once its complete. The skeleton alone already looks really cool. I can't wait to see the outer skin start to go on.

Hi to all,
After a short break in designing, I am working on interior parts - right now on seat. I have a quick questions. Do you think this seat is taken from some jet fighter or is it custom made only for this movie?

beggbuggersbatwing.jpg

Attachments

• Obrázok1.jpg
    Obrázok1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Obrázok2.jpg
    Obrázok2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Obrázok3.jpg
    Obrázok3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Obrázok4.jpg
    Obrázok4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 20

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Bang! You're gone!

Has a faint resemblance to the Martin Baker F-16-F Ejection Seat......

F16F_Rafale_2.jpg

But, the prop seat was probably modelled on a real seat, or made from an exisiting seat frame and 'greebled up'...

Just a thought......

So, I have started to make seat look more "realistic". I am not very satisfied with the result - there will be some changes in design:

sedacka.png
sedacka2.png

sedacka3.png
sedacka4.png

Cs&Cs are welcome.
Stay tuned for more happy days
Ing. Spendlik

I have updated the seat a little bit:

batwing_04032013_v01.png

And I have also installed trial version of Rhino5 - just to see how the new view options work :) :

batwing.png
batwing2.png

Ing. Spendlik

franklima260

Hey,

I can not wait till this model is done!

How are you thinking of doing the windscreen?

I feel like the tube/hose details on the top of the ejection seat will be harder than they are worth to do... but that just might be me being lazy.

I cant wait do you have any ideas on what you what to tackle next?

Thanks, Frank

Rogerio Silva

Oh, man, I so do not deserve even to look at it... That's absolutely fantastic!
Batman is one of my favorite superheroes!!!! Please, pretty please, more pics and info!!!
Thanks in advance, and congrats on such a wonderful job so far.