BatWing '89 / 1:32 / Ing. Spendlik

Ing. Spendlik

Mar 18, 2009
www.spendlikpapermodels.com
Little progress, rear part seems to be finished (but unfortunately you can not see it in render type image). I am talking about pink / light brown parts...

BatWing_Rhino02.png

I can start to think how to create 1mm cardboard skeleton

dnalor - As I wrote in this post and also in the very first one in this thread, the whole model will have 1mm cardboard skeleton, espescially wings need it.

One more correction regarding pictures posted by Skoda. The first set of pictures shows AMD/ERTL model, second set shows Sideshow Collectibles.

Ing. Spendlik

dnalor

Oct 28, 2011
Belgium Europe
Are you a cardboard only creator?..

amaze me..your model until now does a great job..
i can't wait to see how you imagine the skeleton for this ship.

i would go for the easy way and take some aluminium strip.

Ing. Spendlik

Mar 18, 2009
Hello to all,
I have created first parts of 1mm skeleton. There will be more - lower part of wing skeleton (nearly identic than the upper one), skeleton for rear part together with vertical wings and front part skeleton.

And just for your info - according to 3D model and analysing tools in Rhino, whole model would be 34 cm wide and 29 cm long.

Rhino_kostra02.png

Stay tuned for more happy days! :)
Ing. Spendlik

Ing. Spendlik

Mar 18, 2009
Hello to all,
I know, that after this post, some of you are going to hate me :) These pictures show all parts of 1mm cardboard skeleton - believe me, this is going to be tough model to build.

rebra03.jpg

rebra04.jpg

Stay tuned for more happy days!

Ing. Spendlik

Z

Zathros

Are you extruding curves to form surfaces making (selecting "Solid" to get the 1 mm surfaces? :)

Z

Zathros

I really do appreciate the way ou Render your models. I would be interested in what settings you use. I just upgraded to Rhino 5.0. The Render capabilities have improved quite a bit. you do so well with what you do. It would be a help to those of us who work in Rhino to get some tips from you. Great work! :)

Ing. Spendlik

Mar 18, 2009
Hello to all,
it looks like I am on "designing spree" :D another parts of skeleton have been completed. These parts are the main hull of the back part.

BatWing_rebra01.png

BatWing_rebra02.png

Hope you like it. Comments & critics are welcome!

Zathros - I will write short text about rendering - it´s all about settings :)

Stay tuned for more happy days!
Ing. Spendlik

dnalor

Oct 28, 2011
Belgium Europe
Critics....humm...
not much...ah wait i have one :)
where is a test build, part by part....ah well it's not really a critic-question,
more a wishfull thinking..

Do you think that in the last picture the green strength beam from the cockpit outward is strong enough to keep the wings up?

And that's all at this point, everything looks great and buildable...i want to see how the round parts have to be build..that's the exciting part of this

Rogerio Silva

Nov 9, 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL !!!
Batwing

Excellet job! If I knew this hobby would be so pleasing and I would see so many awesome works, I would have joined a long, long time ago (but not in a galaxy far, far away!sign1).
Can't wait to see more!
Greetings form Brazil!

Ing. Spendlik

Mar 18, 2009
Except two simple parts I can produly present you whole skeleton for this model:

BatWing_rebra_WIP13010801.png

dnalor - not only green but also violet parts are skeleton, it should be enough to hold whole wing.

Stay tuned for more happy days :)
Ing. Spendlik