Battlestar Galactica models?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doc_harvey, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

wwwwoooooo... all of a sudden its not such a appealing project...I'll just go and have a shower with my clothes on, and we shall never speak of this again!!... lol

It IS an interesting vessel... might be worth further speculation... later on..
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

No, no, what you *really* want to do next is the Rodger Young from Starship Troopers...

right? :grin:
  3. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Status report

Just so you all know I'm not sittin on my laurels up here in winter land, I'm presently redoing the bridge module. The first time I built it I got that buckling around the nose again also. I've reprinted the bridge module and am experimenting with an additional former and different build sequence to see if it helps.

Gearz/Doc, each time I've made parts 9a and 9b they don't go together quite flat. There seems to be a very slight misfit along the forward edges. Doc, is it just me, or did you notice this as well?

I should be able to post pictures of the finished bridge module tuesday or Wednesday. I lost a few days trying to put together a birthday party for my wife (her 40th). It was last night and we all had a blast, but definite fuzziness of perception today.

4. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Oh yeah...

And by the way, the textures look absolutely beautiful Gearz. Fantastic work mate!

5. Gearz

Gearz Member

Geeeezz... I say we just chop that bloody nose off and call it... battle damage!.

thanks Steve.. looking forward to the pics!

btb. Say Happy Birthday to the missus for us! :cool:

ekuth ~ Its got to be that Avatar....

The Roger Younng .... yesss..its.. whaat.. i.. reeallly.. wanntt.. too.. doooo.....
  6. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Hey SJ!

If you're talking about the two inset panels, I thought they went in great...I did have to trim the edges of the hole (very slightly) until I had a fit that was just right....
  7. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

BTW...anyone else notice that this post has had 23,571 views?!
  8. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

My nose hurts

Well, my second attempt on the bridge module didn't turn out any better than the first - maybe worse.
    Here's the first one

For the second round I added a former just behind the nose, then assembled it by assembling parts 4, 5, 8 and 9, then attaching this to the bottom. Here's the former

and how it turned out.

It's not easy to assemble. Or maybe my model building skills aren't up to it yet. I'm convinced the "problem" lies in the fact that there is nothing holding the shape at the nose while the other pieces are attached.

Since DOC is doing such a great job on the rest of the model I have re-printed the bridge module and will try again. This time I'm going to put the new former right at the front edge, and make it exactly the same size as that nose flap. For the remainder I'm going back to Gearz' original build sequence.

More to come....
  9. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Everything except the duct work...
  10. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

ooops...forgot the pic

Attached Files:

11. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

'nuther pic....

Attached Files:

12. Gearz

Gearz Member

mmmuMM..MU!..O boy.. that's a Gooood lookin model Doc ! Excellent Job, (considering the bugs in the parts). She's come a long way from V1 ~ beta 1 ~ build 1..

Shoulder problem noted.. I'll have another look at it and see if I can make it even worse by fiddling with it. ~ The two parts sounds logical

24,000 and change ~ must be close to a record ?.. + 2300 for the build report thread.

Steve ~ keeping an eye on your alternate nose build ~ see comment a few posts above!!!!!!!! * Just off the top of the head, would continuing the longitudinal brace ..err.. part 3, all the way to the nose panel help any ?

Apart from the looming "duct disaster' and a 'dripping nose' we're almost home!

13. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

finished model needs something else

I'ts really a great build Doc. Great designs Geartz.:-D
    although it looks really great sitting on top of a 2X3 I really think it needs
    something really classic as a fabulous stand to show it off.:idea:
    otherwise it will look like what someone said an ant on skies. LOL
    So when are you gonna start designing the ragtag fleet to go with it?:twisted:
  14. FlyGuy

FlyGuy New Member

Ditto that, Stagecoach!

The model looks GREAT! I can't wait to get my copy!
  15. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

top center ducting applied (see pics on the Gearz' Galactica Build thread)....I'm going to take a very short break on the build...I'd like to look at the Colonial Raptor from Jaybats for a day or two, but I promise I'll get back to the Galactica on Sunday! Maybe SJSquirrel will post more pics of his build and I can ask him how he's handling the duct work...all in all a GREAT build. Everything went together beautifully and the texturing looks fantastic. I'm thinking of reprinting some of the parts, cutting out sections and laminating them onto the hull for some added "umph"...anyone have any opinions?
  16. Gearz

Gearz Member

Break well earned Doc ! ~ yep going to add plenty of little grebbly bits on mine to. .

Thanks John ~ yeeahhhhh a stand... can't we just hang it from the ceiling????...ok. see what I can come up with.
    Any suggestions?.

17. Gearz

Gearz Member

Damn.. Its just been pointed out to me, that my cabspace site is gone! Hopefully the guys will get it up and running again. *SIGH* ( Homeless again )

For those asking.. I still have one server location that's solid for the Galactica, and she'll have to be released by the end of the month ~ warts and all ~ I've corrected most of the bugs but I've run out of card time.

18. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have just joined this forum. After spending months looking for a galactica card model I can across this forum. Excellent build guys. I have made the new series galactica, which I found on and i would like to have a go at building the old movie version that has been made on here, but i have looked around for the files and i can't find them. Could someone give me a idea where to look for them or can somebody email them to me. Thanks.
  19. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Gearz has not released the files yet- it's still in the beta build test process.

Once all the bugs are worked out, he'll let us know... :grin:
  20. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks ekuth :wink: yep! a link to the finished goods will be posted here ~ Soooon!!