Battlestar Galactica models?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doc_harvey, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

I found it with no problem. It is the last one down. But with my ISP shutting me down every 5 minutes, I can't download it right now.
  2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

got er!
  3. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

It won't download :(

Never mind. It works now.
  4. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey Doc.. ummm... have you downloaded your copy of the Galactica? I need to trash it from its temp URL.
  5. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Yuppers! Got mine, but haven't has a chance to open itm yet. Will take a look and print it out today!
  6. stagecoach

stagecoach Member

trying to get back in the groove

Hi Gearz,
    I'v had a lot of problems with not saving files, not writing down email addresses and a lot of other stupid mistakes. like not saving any Graphics.:cry:
    But you know I learned my lesson:idea: and I have been saving my stuff on cd/rw disks. I am also looking into getting another harddrive to save all my papercraft stuff on.:roll: That way I will have something to fall back on if it happens again.
    I won't need for you to send them graphics back but, If you don't mind sending me the model prints so I can enjoy also, that would be greatly appreciated. use my personal email address to send.
    thank you,
  7. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

ummm...just went through the file that you PM'd to me and alas, all that it has are the directions, the nameplates and one section of the ship (?engine module)...guess I didn't get the whole enchilada:(
  8. kcpstudio

kcpstudio Member

Greetings... just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed following this thread. I have the beta galactica with no graphics finished and I look forward to the completed model. If there is any updates with graphics, I would appreciate anyone sending them to my email address. Thanks
  9. Gearz

Gearz Member

Yep its been a fun project, if drawn out a little to long. The final release is in the hands of the beta builders, for a quick grooming. Just as a time filler, here's a few pix of the bitmaps.

From your suggestions ~ reworked the engines, this is the new version, there's also a deep blue variation as an option " ya gota have options"

Attached Files:

10. Gearz

Gearz Member

The engine module ducting (top) ~ ?? could be to complex

Attached Files:

11. Gearz

Gearz Member

The MID hull textures

Attached Files:

12. Gearz

Gearz Member

And of course the little guy on last page of the assembly guide..

Attached Files:

13. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Want... Mine... Now!!!
  14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

lol nice going.

Now get the frack out there and build it!!!!
  15. FlyGuy

FlyGuy New Member

WOW!!! Those textures are stunning... GREAT WORK!!

I can't wait to start building it!:grin:
  16. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

that's excellent work, Gearz! i wish that kind of texture was easily available for every sci-fi ship!
  17. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Stop teasing us!

Hurry up, beta builders! I want my Battlestar! :grin:
  18. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Started a new thread...

...about the build. Will have pics soon, I hope!:)
  19. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks for all the comments ( least the ones that didn't threaten, but you can all give yourselves a pat on the back, if it wasn't for Doc's request and assitance, Steve's building and design assistance, THEN all your suggestions, encouragement and assistance, it wouldn't have progressed this far. Collaboration might be a slow way to develop a model, then again, I recon its far more enjoyable. Many heads etc. lets hope actually building it, isn't an anti climax..

An adverb enhancing a adjective ~The Galactica is fracken beautiful..

~ Jaybats, *sigh* to true !! Just plain lucky the Galactica has such extensive photographic coverage.

~ ekuth * the poultices are working out fine , there shouldn't be TO much scaring.

Well almost time for sand, sun and bikini's .... ( looking at... not wearing!)

This is Gearz, last surviving texture-er of the Galactica,. Signing off. wrong show.. Have to save that one for a Nostromo / Narcissus

20. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Not to open a brand new can of worms, but if you ever developed a Nostromo, I would seriously have to consider bearing your children:)