Battlestar Galactica models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ekuth

Wow Gearz! Looking sweet. I'll ease up on the lash a little.

I see what you mean about the engines... hmmm. I'd say black for the 'dead engine' look. Or... have you tried deepening the gridwork to a darker shade of blue and trying a light pastel for the "glow"?

Alternately, make the gridwork black and use blue for the glow?

Just some thoughts.

engine

my idea is to show the grid distorted and also the center of engine should not show grid at all as if it is in flight build a glow of gradient blues and white to give it that effect of burning.:twisted:

Gearz

Thanks guys, I'll have a quick play around with your suggestions, If I can't decide on a winner, there's always 'options' the parts are small enough to provide a choice of engines.

Sitrep ~ I've pinched, punched, poked, hammered, stitched and threatened the reference pictures into all of the necessary textures, so their 'doin all the right things, in all the right places' ~ mostly. Just a bit of tweaking to do in a few spots. The delays (besides the lack of time) are coming from unexpected quarters ~ my dumb equipment, with all the textures loaded up, my systems is choking, so i'm having problems working the complete model. Also the textures have made some of the fold lines ambiguous, which req some extra guides on the parts. I'm Loath to give another finish time, but for those of you tapping your fingers, its down to REAL soon! I've finished the Bridge module + assembly guide, ~ putting a little extra in the AG's as per Steve's build reports ~ for all skill levels.

You can see parallax error has raised its ugly head on some of the textures (bottom of the LB's) looks worse in the sreencap than it does on the tex. ~ galmidseclaunchbaysbottomstarboardfinalV9.jpg *sigh*

Gearz

Thanks guys, I'll have a quick play around with your suggestions, If I can't decide on a winner, there's always 'options' the parts are small enough to provide a choice of engines.

Sitrep ~ I've pinched, punched, poked, hammered, stitched and threatened the reference pictures into all of the necessary textures, so their 'doin all the right things, in all the right places' ~ mostly. Just a bit of tweaking to do in a few spots. The delays (besides the lack of time) are coming from unexpected quarters ~ my dumb equipment, with all the textures loaded up, my systems is choking, so i'm having problems working the complete model. Also the textures have made some of the fold lines ambiguous, which req some extra guides on the parts. I'm Loath to give another finish time, but for those of you tapping your fingers, its down to REAL soon! I've finished the Bridge module + assembly guide, ~ putting a little extra in the AG's as per Steve's build reports ~ for all skill levels.

You can see parallax error has raised its ugly head on some of the textures (bottom of the LB's) looks worse in the sreencap than it does on the tex. ~ galmidseclaunchbaysbottomstarboardfinalV9.jpg *sigh*

Attachments

• gal3.jpg
    gal3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 975
Galactica Model

It's looking really great:grin: I thought I was looking at some of the graphics I sent you. I hope you got them in a safe place cause my hard drive died and I lost them all.:( I saved all my papercraft models:) but forgot to save my graphics.:cry:
Oh well as I said many times before "Sometimes life S...s :lol: " Then we have papercraft models to fall back on.:cool:
I'm waiting intentively for my copy of the model.

Galactica Model

It's looking really great:grin: I thought I was looking at some of the graphics I sent you. I hope you got them in a safe place cause my hard drive died and I lost them all.:( I saved all my papercraft models:) but forgot to save my graphics.:cry:
Oh well as I said many times before "Sometimes life S...s :lol: " Then we have papercraft models to fall back on.:cool:
I'm waiting intentively for my copy of the model.

Gearz

Reeally soon!

Hey guys thanks for the encouragement ~ it worked

My bits done, the final release is in the hands of the instigator and facilitator for the final nod ( hahahaa.. no pressure there guys) just in case I've screwed up the bitmaps etc. I guess most developers are never completely happy with the finished goods, though, for a first edition I'd recon it'll build into a nice model. I didn't have time for a stand unfortunately, maybe someone will help out there.

Hey Stagecoach..? yep got the ref material you sent, sounds like you didn't get my email. I can relate to your HD problems, my box is on its last legs also.. kind of surprised it lasted this far. If you'd like to replace your BSG ref, I'll zip it all up and send it to you..?
:)

A

ARMORMAN

Paperworlds.com in their DL section under vehicles has the New Cylon Basestar.

Dnlgtr

I found it with no problem. It is the last one down. But with my ISP shutting me down every 5 minutes, I can't download it right now.

Gearz

Hey Doc.. ummm... have you downloaded your copy of the Galactica? I need to trash it from its temp URL.
:???:

Status
Not open for further replies.